Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vacuum Lines to Secondary Air?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2008, 02:26 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vacuum Lines to Secondary Air?

I had the Intake manifold off about a month ago to swap injectors and was sure I had re-plugged the vacuum lines back in the right locations on the secondary air solenoid. But the car has been running rough in the cold weather and after trying a tune up.....with no luck.....I happened to pull the air hose off the air box and found that there was air being sucked in without the air pump running! For the heck of it, I swapped the vacuum lines on the back of the solenoid (one runs to the intake manifold and the other to a 3 way valve that goes to the air pump and both exhaust manifolds). Now there is no air being sucked into the airpump after the pump shuts down.

Car is running smoother now. Seems like I fixed it, BUT I was sure that I had these lines in the right locations the first time. There is a top and bottom port on the back of this solenoid......I had the top port connected to the 3-way valve and the bottom port going to the intake manifold. Now I have it reversed but the secondary air seems to work fine and there is no air getting sucked in after the air pump shuts down. Can someone take a peek under their hood and verify that I have this hooked up correctly?

Thanks
Old 11-26-2008, 09:58 PM
Teching In

Just need someone to look at the vacuum line going to the air shut off valve and let me know if it goes to the top or bottom of the solenoid switch (above the drivers side valve cover).

Thanks.
Old 11-27-2008, 09:36 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You are going to have a hard time finding someone that still has one to look at. If it was not functioning properly it would trip an SES light. If it's not sucking air all the time and the car is running better it must be right.
Old 11-27-2008, 02:28 PM
Teching In

Thats what had me guessing......I didn't get a check light either way.....maybe the programming that was done for the CAM masked the problem. It explains though why my #1 and #2 plugs came out looking chalky. Can't believe I drove around for over a month sucking air into the manifolds the whole time!
Old 11-27-2008, 02:42 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

http://web.archive.org/web/200401201...kpcvsystem.jpg

http://web.archive.org/web/200704011...php?article=18