Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MS3 cam spring friendliness and other Qs

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 01:03 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MS3 cam spring friendliness and other Qs

I keep on hearing everywhere that the MS3 cam is extremely hard on ANY valvespring kit because of the big lift and ramp rate. Is it true you have to replace the springs every 10,000 miles with this cam? Doesn't sound like it is as street friendly as most people claim... Well maybe, if and only if you drive the car 2,000 miles a year or less. So then, what is a good lift and duration for everyday street use on a heads/cam 6.0L build? I was thinking if I got a custom ground cam like 236/236 duration, 112 LSA on a .550" lift, it would have good all around performance off idle to 7000 rpms on a 6.0L with good flowing heads.
Old 12-16-2008, 01:26 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

With the PRC dual spring kit and the MS3 you should have no problems running ~30K miles without swapping springs. At that point, I would pull a few and have the pressures checked to ensure they're still in spec. 10K is WAY too low for that combo!

Largest Stocking Distributor of LS-x Engines / CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE!

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
POWERBOND - ASP - AND MORE!

Quick Reply: MS3 cam spring friendliness and other Qs