Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Engine Vibration

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 02:12 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Engine Vibration

Yes, I know "another DAMN vibration thread".. So please just bare with me.

Okay, i posted in the automatic forum because i thought it was the converter. About a year ago i did a cam and converter swap, well ever since then Ive had this "vibration". I does it in park (along with pretty much everywhere else in the RPM band), some worse than others, so i just figured the converter was jacked. I finally got to where i couldn't stand the vibration anymore and bought a Vig converter hoping this would solve the problem, it didn't. So i shimmed the converter, vibe was still there.I unbolted the converter from the flexplate tonight and started it. At first i thought it was gone, but the longer i let it idle and the warmer it got, the vibration steadily got worse. It didn't seem quite as bad with the verter unbolted, but it was still bad. When i swapped the TCI i had in it with the Vig, the vibration seemed worse.

When i did the cam and verter, i also did poly motor, trans, and torque arm mounts. I know with the cam (V.3 111 LSA) it will have somewhat of a vibration, but nothing like this, This is more of a "pulsing" vibration. Now lets go back to before i did the cam and stall, at about 75ish i could notice a VERY slight vibration, i just thought it was a tire out of balance or the DS a lil out of balance, didn't really bother me, but this vibration drives me NUTS!

I drained the oil and cut apart the filter and found a speck or two of metal in the filter and there was some metal on the magnet of the drain bolt. I have not checked the harmonic balancer yet. When i was spinning the crank to bolt up the converter, i noticed that there was a slight little bit of play when i would rotate the crank from left to right, could this be the problem? I hope not, but im thinking its either got to be the balancer, flexplate, or something internal?? If you have read this whole post, Thank You! All help is appreciated! Thanks, Eric.

Old 01-10-2009, 06:35 AM
Launching!

Bump....
Old 03-20-2009, 12:20 AM
Launching!

I have the same issue just posted a new thread and a new bump for this one
Old 03-20-2009, 12:44 AM
TECH Addict

did you check the motor mounts??? may have bad motor mounts.
Old 03-20-2009, 01:15 AM
Launching!

put prothane mounts in about a year ago, I'm sure their good still...