Sponsored by:

454 lsx with afr 205's?????

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 03:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Stang's Bane
It will be a part throttle monster.

I would love to have that in a truck.....

Now that makes a lot of sense. She'd be one hell of a truck motor. Torquenstein's Work Truck. GOT Torque ?
Old 01-24-2009, 01:03 PM
Flow Wizard

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The heads would work better than you think out of the box, and work even better if I ported them spending the majority of the focus unshrouding the chambers to compliment the larger bore. Its probably worth 20 additional HP on that engine.

With the ported head, the right cam, and a properly ported FAST I bet the engine would make 530-540 RWHP and close to or greater than 550 RWTQ.

The engine would have absurd part throttle response and "tip in power" at practically any RPM. It would make for a REALLY fun street car that could fry the tires at will in any of the lower two gears.

With the right tire whoever on a raceprepped track I bet the car would also be capable of some serious quarter mile ET and trap speeds as well....

Contact me if you would like more info or help with the combo....I would love to be involved in as unique a project as this.

Cheers,
Tony

PS....The best thing about this engine would be how early and "accessible" the big numbers would be. Im guessing its making over 500 RWHP by 5000 RPM's....hell....maybe sooner. Probably over 450 RWTQ by 3000!!
Old 01-24-2009, 01:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Tony Mamo @ AFR
The heads would work better than you think out of the box, and work even better if I ported them spending the majority of the focus unshrouding the chambers to compliment the larger bore. Its probably worth 20 additional HP on that engine.

With the ported head, the right cam, and a properly ported FAST I bet the engine would make 530-540 RWHP and close to or greater than 550 RWTQ.

The engine would have absurd part throttle response and "tip in power" at practically any RPM. It would make for a REALLY fun street car that could fry the tires at will in any of the lower two gears.

With the right tire whoever on a raceprepped track I bet the car would also be capable of some serious quarter mile ET and trap speeds as well....

Contact me if you would like more info or help with the combo....I would love to be involved in as unique a project as this.

Cheers,
Tony

PS....The best thing about this engine would be how early and "accessible" the big numbers would be. Im guessing its making over 500 RWHP by 5000 RPM's....hell....maybe sooner. Probably over 450 RWTQ by 3000!!
Sounds like you are on to something here TONY. This 454 with your ported 205's would be a low end monster, and still make respectable power up top too. Sounds like the OP should give you a call for some advice. I bet she makes more then 450 rwtq at 3000 rpms. Always good seeing you post on here Tony.
Old 01-24-2009, 02:17 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hehehehehe, well thats why I said it all depends on bore and stroke and piston... need to look at compression first. The 205's have been milled.
Old 01-24-2009, 04:53 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I said keep them because the guy sounded like he was on a budget, hell who of us isn't?
500+ ft/lbs of torque is plenty fun for a streetcar for sure.
Old 01-24-2009, 10:38 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tony Mamo @ AFR

Cheers,
Tony

Thanks Tony. I will definatly be intouch when I get the ball rolling
Old 01-25-2009, 01:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by The Alchemist
I said keep them because the guy sounded like he was on a budget, hell who of us isn't?
500+ ft/lbs of torque is plenty fun for a streetcar for sure.
I kept my heads to help control cost as well. Afr 205s are a very good head, and work well on a 402. Just not going to make the same PEAK numbers that a bigger set of heads will make, but TORQUE will be abundant everywhere.

Quick Reply: 454 lsx with afr 205's?????