Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

And here..we........go!

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 05:10 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default And here..we........go!

Alright, finally i got some moola to spend and fix/hook up, my car...So far here is what i have...

THINGS I HAVE ALREADY..

3" Hi flow cats (just in case)
Brand New "243" Heads..Bare
LS2 Timing Chain
Centerbolt Valve cover
Koni (Rear Only)
Bilstein(Front Only)
Hotchkis Springs all around
Dbl Adj PHB and LCA

THINGS THAT I WILL PURCHASE IN 4 DAYS OR SO

Ported High flow Oil Pump
True Dual Mufflers
Headers..Hooker???
LS6 Intake
LS7 Lifters
LS2 Lifter Trays
Valves...What Size???
Gaskets
Bolts

Now for the good part..My Cam selection is gonna be the Trqr 3 Cam from TSP..But im on the leery side cuz it is a DD car..What do you guys think??..Also if you could help me out with the valve sizes that would be great..

Also what thickness gasket to run?..What size Pushrod?...And the difference between ARP Head Bolts or GM ones..Kinda confused on torque and ****..

Last but not least, i need to get some new solenoids for my tranny..It said solenoid 2 was stuck or something like that and i do notice that it takes a little longer to shift outta 2-3, while 1-2 is pretty on point..What do you guys think?..Also will be getting the trans-go shift kit as well..

if i left out anything post up pleeaassee..i dont wanna do this 2wice...
Old 02-05-2009, 06:15 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by nalmak
Alright, finally i got some moola to spend and fix/hook up, my car...So far here is what i have...

THINGS I HAVE ALREADY..

3" Hi flow cats (just in case)
Brand New "243" Heads..Bare
LS2 Timing Chain
Centerbolt Valve cover
Koni (Rear Only)
Bilstein(Front Only)
Hotchkis Springs all around
Dbl Adj PHB and LCA

THINGS THAT I WILL PURCHASE IN 4 DAYS OR SO

Ported High flow Oil Pump- good
True Dual Mufflers
Headers..Hooker??? you will get various opinions on these, i have pacesetters, i like them, if you got money go with kooks, either way, get coated or stainless
LS6 Intake good
LS7 Lifters didnt replace mine, but good insurance
LS2 Lifter Trays ditto
Valves...What Size??? if you got stock heads and decent mileage, i wouldnt worry about new valves
Gaskets def going to need new gaskets
Bolts i went with arp, can reuse them studs or bolts, little pricey, can't reuse gm tty[/B]

Now for the good part..My Cam selection is gonna be the Trqr 3 Cam from TSP..But im on the leery side cuz it is a DD car..What do you guys think??..Also if you could help me out with the valve sizes that would be great.. i have the 228r and and happy with it DD, you can't go wrong with most of the tsp cams. pushrods 7.4 length, you might as well go with one of their packages (cam, springs, pushrods), you're def. going to need springs.

Also what thickness gasket to run?..What size Pushrod? 7.4...And the difference between ARP Head Bolts or GM ones..Kinda confused on torque and ****..put it above, but arp can be reused after torqued. The gm are torque to yield, meaning once they have came off your gonna need to buy new ones. i suggest if you plan on heads in future go with arp studs or bolts,

Last but not least, i need to get some new solenoids for my tranny..It said solenoid 2 was stuck or something like that and i do notice that it takes a little longer to shift outta 2-3, while 1-2 is pretty on point..What do you guys think?..Also will be getting the trans-go shift kit as well..don't know too much about that

if i left out anything post up pleeaassee..i dont wanna do this 2wice...
other than that i would say get a tune with the new cam, and start enjoy the power
Old 02-05-2009, 06:59 PM
On The Tree

You better get the strongest springs you can afford with that much lift, and even then, you will be changing them ever 10-20K miles. As far as being a DD, make sure your stall is matched well with it. The Torquer2 would be a better choice for a DD IMO. Just talk to one of the guys as TSP and they can point you in the right direction.
Old 02-05-2009, 07:59 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ruthusk8r
other than that i would say get a tune with the new cam, and start enjoy the power
Well since the heads are new out the box and bare..Im thinking...2.055/intake and 1.55/exh.....For Valves

Bolts ill go with the Arp ones..

All i need is Gaskets and Thinckness size..
Old 02-05-2009, 08:02 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by nmcqueen469
You better get the strongest springs you can afford with that much lift, and even then, you will be changing them ever 10-20K miles. As far as being a DD, make sure your stall is matched well with it. The Torquer2 would be a better choice for a DD IMO. Just talk to one of the guys as TSP and they can point you in the right direction.
Yeah thats what i was afraid of...Changing out the springs..The PRC TSP ones are good till.660 lift but the durability of it is what puts me at a bind..The T2 is softer on the springs..But vs the T3 im not sure which is gonna be a better cam..for DD use??.
Old 02-05-2009, 08:45 PM
On The Tree

Yeah thats what i was afraid of...Changing out the springs..The PRC TSP ones are good till.660 lift but the durability of it is what puts me at a bind..The T2 is softer on the springs..But vs the T3 im not sure which is gonna be a better cam..for DD use??.
T2 would be a safer bet for a DD. It will also be easier to tune.
Old 02-06-2009, 11:16 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by nmcqueen469
T2 would be a safer bet for a DD. It will also be easier to tune.
True..But the .643 Lift on the intake side is SOOOO Appealing to me that i dunno..The only thing is i wish it was a little more balanced on the Exhaust side...But there is more duration i guess...SO..i Hear alot of f13-f14..I really dunno what that is...Or TR228..Are any of those cams in the .600 range??...
Old 02-06-2009, 01:33 PM
On The Tree

True..But the .643 Lift on the intake side is SOOOO Appealing to me that i dunno..The only thing is i wish it was a little more balanced on the Exhaust side...But there is more duration i guess...SO..i Hear alot of f13-f14..I really dunno what that is...Or TR228..Are any of those cams in the .600 range??...
The f-13 and f-14 are Futral cams. Check them our on their website, they are a sponsor here. I believe each cam you listed is right at or just under .600 lift.