Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How do you install spirolocks?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2009, 09:09 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do you install spirolocks?

On my new Wiseco pistons how the hell do you get the spirolocks on?? I destroyed one lock already. Anyone got a simple solution?
Old 02-12-2009, 09:27 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Spread the lock apart a little before trying to install. Hold it in with your thumbnail and kind of "thread" it in. You'll get the hang of it eventually.....prepare for sore fingers lol.
Old 02-12-2009, 12:17 PM
Staging Lane

they dont thread in , not even with pliars. And also...if you stretch them out so they dont go back flat again are they junk? These things suck!
Old 02-12-2009, 02:06 PM
JPH
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by jmm98LS1
Spread the lock apart a little before trying to install. Hold it in with your thumbnail and kind of "thread" it in. You'll get the hang of it eventually.....prepare for sore fingers lol.
Exactly, but don't thread it in, but kinda walk it in. 2 real small flathead screwdrivers our your friend here. Just don't pull them too far. Goodluck man. You will get the hang of it after awhile.
Old 02-12-2009, 03:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

as others have said, you kinda walk them in. it can be a huge pita at first. but when you get it, you can bust em in quick, and even with your fingernails/fingers.

taking them out is easier of course!
Old 02-12-2009, 08:28 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes they suck...you've need to do at least 6 engines or so before you come to love the little buggers, then you'll choose no other method because they don't come out.

email at bnutter@wiseco.com tomorrow and I'll send you out a triple wound cs24 replacement. I'll send you some spares...cause you may mess up a couple more if it's your first time.

Basically you take the "end" of one and put the "fat" of your finger between it and the rest of the coils. Put this "end" into the groove with your right pointer finger and firmly hold it in there. Meanwhile (taking your left hand and a micro screwdriver), start to force the coil into the groove. it will walk if you don't start at 180 degrees from where the "end" goes into. ONCE you've established the 1st 1/2 coil in the groove, it's relatively easy to start pushing the rest of the coil down a little bit at a time counter clockwise until you have the entire thing seated. THEN give the whole thing a couple shoves a couple different ways to make sure it's really in there.

Don't fret much, the first time I did a set of 8 pistons...it took me 24 minutes...usually it takes 45 minutes for a first timer...even then you feel like replacing your first ones

Best regards, Brian Nutter-Wiseco