Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone have a Cartek Stage IIx pkg they have installed?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2003, 05:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Anyone have a Cartek Stage IIx pkg they have installed?

The key for their package to perform like a champ in my opinion is getting JULIOS EXPERT tuning which seems to be TOP NOTCH and some of the best LS1 tuning in the U.S. As you know they have backed up their incredible dyno numbers at both the tracks out east and even down in florida when BRET broke into the 10s on his Z06.

JULIO obviously knows a few tricks to get his package to come together perfectly. I would not have high expectations to get the awesome numbers they get without Cartek doing the install and tuning. THEY HAVE THE MAGIC TOUCH!
I have the cartek x-package revII set up. and it was done in house by Roy and Julio. Julio is an awesome tuner and I am sure if you sent him your PCM he would put the tune in for you if you went with their package. I went with cartek over the winter after seeing what many of their vette were running and I am very happy with the results
Old 10-22-2003, 05:38 AM
Banned

Anybody else?

From the lack of activity, and replies in this thread I would guess that most of the Cartek packages are in house only. I was hoping that Dave or Julio might pop in and give some info one way or the other on what they have seen.
J-Rod, I suppose that our H/C package would have the same tuning and installation issues that any other vendor or tuner's H/C or "cam only" package would have being installed off site by the customer or his local mechanic. Obviously, tuning (A/F, timing, torque management) along with the right selection of bolt-ons are going to have a great effect on the final outcome.
We can get our H/C LS-X to run high 10s @ 126-127 or low 11s with a 224-228 .580 cam, any reputable tuner/shop in your area should achieve the same level of performance and reliability with our H/C as long as the whole combination is installed. We have 7 LS-Xs H/C C5s and F-bodies in the 10s, 4 of them stock weight C5s, (I believe to be the fastest and quickest H/C C5s in the country running 10.8s @ 126-127+ MPH), and about 12 others running 11.3 or better with 3 of them between 125-126 mph. Our Stage 2-X makes between 430 RWHP and 450 RWHP depending on bolt-ons and our latest revision of the Stage 2-X rev 2 makes as much as 470 RWHP, there are currently 2 revision 2s that are being raced in the 1/4, Joe's C5, he has already gone 10.8s @ 127+ and Pete's (bspZ28) green 98-Z running 10.99 @ 126+.

We also offer a 1 year warranty and an optional 2 year warranty with our Stage 2-X rev-2 H/C when installed in our shop. Feel free to contact us at 908-317-4496.

Julio
Old 10-22-2003, 06:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

The key for their package to perform like a champ in my opinion is getting JULIOS EXPERT tuning which seems to be TOP NOTCH and some of the best LS1 tuning in the U.S. As you know they have backed up their incredible dyno numbers at both the tracks out east and even down in florida when BRET broke into the 10s on his Z06.

JULIO obviously knows a few tricks to get his package to come together perfectly. I would not have high expectations to get the awesome numbers they get without Cartek doing the install and tuning. THEY HAVE THE MAGIC TOUCH!
I have the cartek x-package revII set up. and it was done in house by Roy and Julio. Julio is an awesome tuner and I am sure if you sent him your PCM he would put the tune in for you if you went with their package. I went with cartek over the winter after seeing what many of their vette were running and I am very happy with the results
When Pete was at MIR his car ran 3 mph faster trap speed than me, Moose, Fireball and every other H/C car at the EFA shoot out. That's impressive, and is an indication of the power his car is putting down. His race weight doesn't hurt either.

Bruce
Old 10-22-2003, 12:36 PM
6600 rpm clutch dump of death Administrator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks for all the replys everyone, and thanks for the calrification Julio.

Again, the Cartek basic IIx package (if you already have boltons)is around $3500 that includes ported heads, ported intake, cam kit, and head gaskets. This put it on par (cost wise) with any other packages out there.

Folks ask me from time to time about recommendation on pacakges. I know folks can go to Cartek and get the number they are looking for, sometimes send a car cross country isn't an issue. I just wanted to see if a locally instaled package could hope to see the same results.

I have seen other "bits and pieces" of other packages, but mostly only see the Cartek stuff as a whole package deal.

I just don't like giving bad advice, and I don't mind asking questions...