Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

G5X-3 out yet?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2003, 07:57 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default G5X-3 out yet?

Any news on the G5X-3 yet? I've heard a few people say that they have one already. Wonder if anyone had gotten any specs yet?
Old 10-13-2003, 08:06 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: G5X-3 out yet?

I ordered one but have not gotten the specs nor do I care it should work fine. As did his G5X-2
Old 10-13-2003, 08:08 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have one, I don't think that they are actually "out" yet, but I'm not sure. Call LG and see if he's selling them yet. I know the specs, and no, you can't have them. :p Seriously, the specs will not be out for a little while, as I think Lou is testing a few different versions/scenarios first. I was hesitant about buying a untested cam and being a "guinea pig", but with the success of the G5X2, and in speaking to Lou, his knowledge and helpfulness convinced me that he was EXTREMELY knowledgable, and I have no doubt that the G5X3 will perform up to the high standards of the previous LG cams, and then some. This cam is a signifigant step up from the G5X2, and because of this, I don't think it will be as "plug and play" as the G5X2, but I could be wrong.

I am more curious as to the G5X4 and G5X5 myself. Bepatient, Lou has some things up his sleeve, and we all know that he wouldn't do anything controversial
Old 10-13-2003, 08:37 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm not so worried as much about the specs for my knowledge, as specs for fitment. It has been stated that the X3 will fit with no flycutting, but is it any closer than the X2? I would be on the very close edge of hitting the piston with the X2 with my unmilled heads with 2.05 valves. Since you know the specs, would clearence be any tighter on the X3 over the X2? I've e-mailed and called with no prevail. I'll call again tommorow.
Old 10-13-2003, 08:43 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know mine have to be flycut, but my heads/milling/valves are different than yours. I *think* that it requires the same P to V clearance as the X2, but it may need more. I know I would have had to flycut my pistons either way. I would call LG and ask, he can tell you how much "valve drop" you need to clear, that way you can check. I think you're probably gonna have to cut them, especially with 2.05s.

Shawn