Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Crank sensor problem/question

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 08:53 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Crank sensor problem/question

I have had the problem 02 Z06 for some time and it has got alot worse.
if you drive the car (no matter how far) and then pull over and cut it off for a couple on minutes, then restart, the car does start and idles fine, but when you go to pull off it acts like it looses half of it's power, stumbles very bad, and then clears right up and goes on.
What could cause this and NOT set a code.
I have replaced the plugs, wires and injectors, the MAF is clean

Note:
I did have the crank sensor wires and the low temp oil light wires get close enough to the headers to melt them semi together,,,,And I thought that had to be the problem, I got the apart, and reinsulated them,and it did not cure the problem
Old 03-20-2009, 11:32 AM
Launching!

I wouldn't think it would be a crank sensor from the way you are describing the problem. I'm not 100% sure but it sounds more like a cam sensor messing up. Normally when the cranks sensor starts messing up the car will die going down the road or just not start at all. I haven't known of any making the motor run ruff. If the cam sensor goes bad or gets a bad reading the motor will normally run but it throws the timing out of wack and can run bad. I'm not no ase mechanic or anything but I would check into the cam sensor. My 2 cents. good luck with it, that would be aggravating.
Old 03-20-2009, 01:13 PM
Staging Lane

Default Opinions

Thanks, I am looking for any and all opinions, I am at my witts end.
Old 03-20-2009, 01:28 PM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It could be one of the ground wires above the starter. Check for solid connections and wires there. There should be a small ground attached with the battery ground just above the starter.

Shane