Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

custom vs off shelf pistons

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 11:03 AM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default custom vs off shelf pistons

i'm looking at buying a set of pistons for my 5.3l. i'm looking at my choices and i have a question i'm hoping someone will know. what would be the advantage of buying a off the shelf piston over a custom piston. i can get a set of custom pistons made by venolia for less than a set of almost any off the shelf piston. (i know a guy who knows a guy that knows a guy type thing)

if i went with venolia they would just take my piston and copy it. but i'm not sure how good of an idea that is. i can get it in 2618 alloy for boost. is there any design flaws in my stock piston that a company like wiseco has fixed that makes them way better? i can get them coated and i can get the ring pack moved down if needed for ring land strength. i can also get them to make the pin bigger and basically what ever i want. but i'm not sure what i would need in the piston.

any ideas here?

these guys have to be somewhat smart they make top fuel pistons (like john force)
Old 03-25-2009, 02:35 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

somebody has to have some sort of opinion. on custom vs off shelf pistons. i'm speaking more toward wiseco pistons.

Quick Reply: custom vs off shelf pistons