Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I hope you can help with a Over reved LS1

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 12:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mtuggle86
I did the same thing on a 3>2 shift but I lucked out and it didnt damage anything sorry for your luck man
I have done this twice... redline 3rd gear, then go to put it in 4th, and hit 2nd both times.. the first time it shook like a mother ******, the second time it shook and car stalled. BUT, the car runs just fine to my knowledge. havnt done it sense tho..
Old 05-06-2009, 09:33 PM
TECH Regular

Is there a solid level of confidence in the redesigned 918 springs or are most people still going with other options such as the patriot golds for stock cam cars?
Old 05-14-2009, 08:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

918's will be fine for stock cams and even mild cams if you are going to go big or forced induction I would go to the PRC Golds
Old 05-14-2009, 05:01 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good discussion in here, but this thread would be much better suited for GenIII than Advanced Engineering. You'll get more page views there, too. Moved.
Old 05-15-2009, 06:31 PM
Teching In

Default finished

well I'm done!

I had a rough port and polish, with a 3 angle valve job done to the heads, I put a 80 mm throttle body ( factory ported ), shorty headers that are a direct fit (because I really did not want to deal with the trouble long tubes can cause), I put the tsc rumbler cat back system on ( it is a lot! quieter than I thought but still sounds good), a set of ngk plugs, I put drilled and slotted rotors all around, I have a few parts yet to buy: some MSD wires, a high flow Y pipe, and a SLP MAF.

But for now it is alive again, I got the parts last Friday and was driving by Saturday morning and I have had one great week I cant believe how much better the car runs now, and it is much faster I LOVE IT!!!!!
Soon I will need new tires again LOL

Thank you all for the help and support

Quick Reply: I hope you can help with a Over reved LS1