Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pacesetter w TSP y pipe

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 05:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pacesetter w TSP y pipe

I am thinkin about buyin Pacesetter LT race style (NO EGR) with TSP off road Y-pipe. what do u guys recommend me to buy? the racing style or the other one with the EGR? I honestly have no idea which one is better even for the off road Y-pipe. is the TSP better than te Pacesetter Y-pipe?
Old 04-16-2009, 06:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you have emissions then you need the EGR (and cats) to pass.

If your area doesnt have emissions and dont plan on it anytime time soon than you could use the non-egr headers.

Its really up to you, the EGR isnt taking away any HP to be worried about in a street car. Most people do it to help clean up the engine bay, or b/c "so and so" did it.

EDIT:

Im not sure about miss-matching headers and y-pipes. Not saying it wont work, but you need to make 100% sure it will before you buy the parts and go to try and put them on and they dont fit together.

Companies sell headers and y-pipes usually b/c they were engineered to be used together.

Just my opinion
Old 04-16-2009, 06:21 PM
12 Second Club

If you dont have to worry about emissions, get the race style pacesetters and maybe the TSP ory. I never was too fond of the pacesetter one. They way it merged looked like ****.
Old 04-16-2009, 06:27 PM
Launching!

Get the race style for sure. Delete the EGR / AIR systems and have a tuner delete the codes. You can pass emissions w/o them if they are deleted. Get the TSP ORY as well, the PS one is junk. Only way you would fail is on a visual for no cats, but I dont know what your areas emissions are like. I passed in Houston (legit inspection) with the headers and exhaust setup in my sig, but there was no visual inspection.

Edit: TSP's ORY was designed to work with the Pacesetter LTs specifically because the PS Y is no good.