Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

valve spring question

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 12:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SweetS10V8
Im running the 918s myself and have ran them on many many engines. There isnt any reason not to run the new silver 918s in this application.
Sorry for hijacking the thread....but really need to have an answer here:

New Silver 918's?? I had a set of 918's for a v6 build that I was going to do...ended up scrathing the idea, and ordered 4 more 918's direct from comp to make a complete set for a v8....and wouldn't ya know it....they are a much brighter color than the rest of the set that i have. Is this what you mean by the new silver ones? If so, are there any differences in spring-rate vs the older style?

Thanks.
Old 04-28-2009, 06:16 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes, the spring rate is higher on the new 26918s. They were totally redesigned.

New:

Old:

Originally Posted by Comp Cams
Redesigned #26918 Beehive™ Valve Springs
The industry’s best selling Beehive™ Valve Spring has now been totally redesigned for significantly improved performance and durability.

Realizing that today’s most aggressive late model engines (especially GM Gen III/LS engines) have evolved beyond the limitations of the original #26918 design, the COMP Cams® engineering team has developed the next generation #26918 Beehive™ Valve Spring.

Featuring many of the same manufacturing processes and design secrets as our exotic NASCAR restrictor plate and Daytona Prototype Beehive™ Valve Springs, the new #26918 offers an extended .625” lift capability and added spring pressure to control today’s aggressive camshaft designs. These new valve springs remain dimensionally identical to the previous design and are easy to spot as a result of an advanced micro-peening process that eliminates material stress, leaving behind a unique silver satin finish. Furthermore, we continue to refine our exclusive Super Clean™ process to ensure that only the finest wire material from premiere steel mills around the world is used in the manufacture of COMP Cams® Valve Springs – nobody goes to greater lengths to ensure the integrity of their valve springs. From daily driver to hardcore street/strip vehicles, you now have more reasons than ever before to make the #26918 Beehive™ Valve Springs your valve spring of choice.
Old 04-28-2009, 11:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info....now it's time to order more springs!

Damn!

Quick Reply: valve spring question