Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how bout this setup?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 10:59 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how bout this setup?

what do you guys think before i buy this....trickflow as cast heads with the smallest possible combustion chamber to fit under either cam, cam will be ms4 most likely or something close, and a 92/92...sound good or no? also any hp ideas out of a 4l60e?...full bolt ons, thanks
Old 04-28-2009, 01:44 AM
9 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Depends if you are planning on running race gas or pump gas. There are a lot more to engines than going small on one thing and big on another. Small combustion chamber + huge cam, certainly alot more to it than that.
Old 04-28-2009, 06:49 AM
TECH Regular

understandable, i was gonna see if i can get the as cast with the smallest possible combustion chamber to fit under the ms4 like i said, but thats probably going to be between 64cc-67cc so im guessing compression wont be too high. you make a good point though.
Old 04-28-2009, 06:52 PM
9 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Well I think it would be good to get the compression up with a bigger cam like that, but dont go too wild. You want the thing to live on pump gas and not be on the ragged edge of detonation. Shoot for around 11-11.5 compression and I'm not sure what your piston to valve clearance will be. I would contact some good cylinder head guys and see if they can give you any info on at what lift the TFS as cast heads go turbulent. The MS4 has .649" lift and you may experience diminishing returns if the as cast heads dont flow well above .600" lift. Things have to be designed to work together, ya a lot of people throw stuff together and it seems to work ok for them. Without further testing they will never know if they have the best setup, just good enough for them I guess.

I'm far from an expert but see if you can talk to someone and get an honest opinion. If you are going to spend the money do your research and do it right the first time. So you get the best bang for your buck.
Old 04-29-2009, 02:10 AM
TECH Regular

cool man, thanks for the advice......did some more research and starting to think i wanna go with the ms3, patriot stage 2 ls6 heads 64cc (flow 308@600) and ported 92/92 and the full bolt ons i have. piston to valve should be good. big cam fed by high flow heads and high flow intake, full exhaust. sound like a little better and safer setup?? thanks for the patience, i really am just trying to find the perfect setup for what i want so its hard to make up my mind, thanks much