Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car sputters an bucks randomly

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2017, 04:57 AM
On The Tree

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm having the same issue with a SBC 24x conversion running the 0411 PCM.

My problem is its a new build and I'm trying to determine if its the tune or an electrical/mechanical issue. I took it to a tuner and he couldn't figure it out, so I'm guessing it's electrical/mechanical.
There's no noises so I don't think it's valve train, no smoke and no water in the oil so i don't think it's valvetrain/cylinders.

My left bank 02 sensor moves from 0.300-0.900v, but the right bank always sits between 0.445-0.455v, and they're brand new. When I switch the sensors they get the same results regardless of side, so its not them.

I tested the 4 pins on the connector expecting to see 12v,5v,something, & gnd and got 4.4v,1.2v,nothing and GND
The diagrams I've seen say there should be 2 wires from the PCM which is the high and low reference for the o2 sensors, a 12v from ignition for heater, and a ground for heating.
So maybe that's my problem?
Old 07-08-2018, 09:28 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Random misfire

so the car randomly started running like crap one day feels like a miss so I changed the plugs the wires changed the maf the car throws a cylinder 6 misfire almost all the time changed the coil pack same problem still throws cylinder 6 or random misfire after a cold start car runs fine about two minutes into the drive starts spuddering throttle feels heavy the car doesn’t wanna go nowhere I’m confused at this point

Quick Reply: Car sputters an bucks randomly