Weight difference between cars?
That's what I was thinking.....

Tsunami

http://www.texas-speed.com/shop/item...d=942&catid=44
Old 05-20-2009, 12:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Soul TKR
I guess what got me started on this whole deal is the fact that my buddies 3rd gen camaro (LS1 Swap w/232/240 .650 112 cam) stays with me on the freeway... he's got headers, K&N, auto with a cam... stock everything else... so I beg to ask WTF!

I have a very similar setup to you except a bigger cam and better intake but with less cubes. we put down similar numbers....

I have had similar problems with stallled autos. How is your driving? Do you have a shift light? Get a harlan shift light.

Wes... get you some nitrous man. Nobody has to know. Put the bottle in the rear spare tire compartment, take the stickers off the noids, and use black electrical tape to hide the braided wires.

The car is a different beast on the bottle my friend. Its like getting rear-ended by a freight train. Seriously man, get you a little dry shot nozzle kit. You can thank me later.

Your answer lies here my friend.
http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/catalog...roduct_id=2792

Have you ridden in a nitrous car before? It is a serious rush.
Old 05-20-2009, 12:31 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Too lazy to read the thread...

Check out the AZPS03 cam. Its big, but makes good power, and is driveable for the streets. Might want to check PTV clearence. Also, do you have gears? 4.10s work great with the cam. GTABurnout on here and some of the other AZ forums runs that cam with 3.42 gears, and in crappy Tucson DA ran a pretty decent time. I think he was even DDing it for a while.
Old 05-20-2009, 01:48 PM
TECH Junkie

great... he's gloating now...

https://ls1tech.com/forums/street-ra...l#post11628591
Old 05-20-2009, 01:51 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by SOMbitch
That's what I was thinking.....

Tsunami

http://www.texas-speed.com/shop/item...d=942&catid=44
Holy Shiat!

dunno if I'd have PTV issues though... with milled heads and all... I have dished pistons, but I'm not mechanically inclined enough to PROPERLY check PTV Clearance... guess I'll wait till I scrub up enough cash to have a shop do it for me...
Old 05-20-2009, 01:53 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by landonew
I have a very similar setup to you except a bigger cam and better intake but with less cubes. we put down similar numbers....

I have had similar problems with stallled autos. How is your driving? Do you have a shift light? Get a harlan shift light.

Wes... get you some nitrous man. Nobody has to know. Put the bottle in the rear spare tire compartment, take the stickers off the noids, and use black electrical tape to hide the braided wires.

The car is a different beast on the bottle my friend. Its like getting rear-ended by a freight train. Seriously man, get you a little dry shot nozzle kit. You can thank me later.

Your answer lies here my friend.
http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/catalog...roduct_id=2792

Have you ridden in a nitrous car before? It is a serious rush.
no... I haven't ever ridden in an N20 car before. But I've ridden in 700+ rwhp cars. My whole thinking is, I like to have the power there ALL the time. It would be a paint to have to go fill up the bottle. Not to mention, I really don't trust myself with N20. I tend to get a little trigger happy when caught in the moment sometime
Old 05-20-2009, 01:57 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Holy Shiat!

dunno if I'd have PTV issues though... with milled heads and all... I have dished pistons, but I'm not mechanically inclined enough to PROPERLY check PTV Clearance... guess I'll wait till I scrub up enough cash to have a shop do it for me...
Its not hard to check. If you like the Tsunami cam then call TSP and talk to them about it. They can instruct you on checking PTV and give you more info about the cam.
Old 05-20-2009, 02:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

no... I haven't ever ridden in an N20 car before. But I've ridden in 700+ rwhp cars. My whole thinking is, I like to have the power there ALL the time. It would be a paint to have to go fill up the bottle. Not to mention, I really don't trust myself with N20. I tend to get a little trigger happy when caught in the moment sometime
Suit yourself.... Filling up the bottle is no big deal. Just get a 15#er and it will last for a while..... I don't know what you mean by trigger happy, but all you do is arm it and go. The saftey stuff (w/o throttle, window switch, ext....) controls everything else.

anyhow, to each his own I guess.
Old 05-20-2009, 02:46 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by landonew
Suit yourself.... Filling up the bottle is no big deal. Just get a 15#er and it will last for a while..... I don't know what you mean by trigger happy, but all you do is arm it and go. The saftey stuff (w/o throttle, window switch, ext....) controls everything else.

anyhow, to each his own I guess.

guess I've watched one too many Fast and Furious movies and was under the impression that you gotta hit a switch or button and know when to turn it off at the right time lol...

don't get me wrong, I've got nothing against any of you nitrous guys. It's just something I'd rather spend my money elsewhere on. Eventually, I probably wanna do a whole new build like a 402 or something with some FI

but that's many years down the road... hell I'm still in school. For at least another 4 weeks anyways. Then my college ejumication will be complete!
Old 05-20-2009, 05:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Do I smell student loan LOL.
Old 05-20-2009, 05:24 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by JD_Z28
Do I smell student loan LOL.
No way lol
Old 05-20-2009, 07:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

maybe talk to pred-z about el torros big bro its like 236/236 .xxx/.xxx xxx lsa if you do a search you could find it im to lazy to search right now lol but just a thought
Old 05-20-2009, 07:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

nvm was bored and googled lol

"Actualy that one is a 236/236 .615/.602 111+2 LSA, what it requires is degreing on install (for no PTV surprizes). It pulls harder on top and likes (requires) more flow
14* overlap (nasty lope), abit less trq below 3500 than El Toro, but more in upper rpms. Trq curve is just as flat as its little brother. Good week end strip cam and it likes 100>150 shots of gogo juice" - from pred-z
Old 05-20-2009, 09:28 PM
TECH Junkie

lots of good info and things I need to think about... decisions decisions...
Old 05-22-2009, 12:38 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by AznMuscle
Too lazy to read the thread...

Check out the AZPS03 cam. Its big, but makes good power, and is driveable for the streets. Might want to check PTV clearence. Also, do you have gears? 4.10s work great with the cam. GTABurnout on here and some of the other AZ forums runs that cam with 3.42 gears, and in crappy Tucson DA ran a pretty decent time. I think he was even DDing it for a while.

he could dd the car but doesn't, he has like 5 cars/trucks. that car made 407 to the ground with said cam,my old headers/ory and a magnaflow cat back. everything else stock! I was there at the dyno day.

wes I'll have to admit, when jason first brought the car down here I drove it and wasn't very impressed. after the cam swap though it got up and moved! he wont listen to me but he needs a fricken stall in that thing. one of these days I'll make it up there, get tuned.

forget the all motor junk, if your going to change cams get boost!!
Old 05-22-2009, 01:57 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nitrous kicks ***!!!just do it!!!
Old 05-22-2009, 03:11 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by needaz28
he could dd the car but doesn't, he has like 5 cars/trucks. that car made 407 to the ground with said cam,my old headers/ory and a magnaflow cat back. everything else stock! I was there at the dyno day.

wes I'll have to admit, when jason first brought the car down here I drove it and wasn't very impressed. after the cam swap though it got up and moved! he wont listen to me but he needs a fricken stall in that thing. one of these days I'll make it up there, get tuned.

forget the all motor junk, if your going to change cams get boost!!
yea... I think I'd do A LOT better from a dig... my car goes nuts then. But the freeway and already up and going is a different story. You just don't feel the pull like you would at lower speeds... course, I guess that's just about the same with any setup. Cept turbo of course..
Old 05-26-2009, 12:22 PM
10 Second Club

**** I'll pull you from a dig too . . . LOL! no stall in my car yet..I got you by 3-400lbs and I am listening but can't get one right now need tires first....btw what cam it's stock just bolt ons and an exhaust leak! with an idle issue. . . .

Last edited by myslow92; 05-26-2009 at 05:21 PM.

Quick Reply: I make good power but...