Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

misfire and no tac signal confusion...

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 10:59 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default misfire and no tac signal confusion...

so basically for months now out of the blue, mostly when its extremely humid or raining my car will have a very noticeable miss and it runs like ***. I drove it 600 miles round trip last week to g13 with no probs. exept on the ride home it started to act up and miss a few time, i reved it up and it went away.... so today i get in it after its been raining all day and as soon as i start driving down the road it starts missing pretty bad, then out of know where it backfires and the tac is showing 0 rpm's and it sounds like it runs on 2 cylinders until it shuts off. it did this all night, it kept dying and backfiring, and noticed when i went over a bump it would get worse or more continuous... Does anybody know WTF is wrong with my car??? I'm at a lose here i have no clue... last time it got this bad i replaced the plugs and it ran perfect, i mean perfect.... but with the tac not showing anything its got me wondering what the deal is.

btw, im running tr6 plugs and have prob. 3 maybe 4 k miles on em.... and new msd wires....