Sponsored by:

Install done by a local shop... (PICS)

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2003, 11:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

heres the shop I presume
http://www.1st-performance.com/

I would definitely contact a lawyer ASAP.
This shop needs to be out of business, pronto.

good luck man
Old 11-07-2003, 11:36 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

WOW! Really, I never imagined a shop could be THAT bad. I'd classify that as hillbilly ghetto level. THE worst.

Tony
Old 11-07-2003, 12:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
WOW! Really, I never imagined a shop could be THAT bad. I'd classify that as hillbilly ghetto level. THE worst.

Tony
Yeah, that's definately the worst I've seen..... do they have a 12 yr. old for a welder? Good Lord...... I could do a much better job and I don't even know how to weld.
Old 11-07-2003, 12:24 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by SSOnYourSix

1) 98+ SS, this guys car has been there for like 4 or 5 months... it had the engine pulled and from what I understand hes waiting for a cam or something... but this car has become a donor car for parts! 1st performance broke 2 rockers, 2 rocker bolts, a coolant sensor, and somehow killed my alternator... guess what? I got charged for new parts and they came out of his car! Poor guy just gets all his parts loaned out! And from what I understand more parts were loaned out after but I dont know that story either...

Actually that would be a 2001 SS, which is MINE. The reason the car has been there soo long is MY FAULT. I have changed my mind I dont know how many times trying to figure out what I wanted.

My car is now done...and waiting to be tuned. These mysterious parts somehow made it back into my car...soo either you got shafted and I got new parts, or someone gave you some wrong info.

I was also told of the conditions my car was sitting in. Funny tho cause my car sat for much longer than yours, and I have none of the issues you do/did. My car is covered is dust...well that is to be expected after sitting for months on end.

The owner has been more than gracious, allowing me to keep my car and use his space...he could have easily told me to get my stuff out of there until I decided what I want to do, but he didnt.

I have also been told by various other people that your car looks nowhere close to what it did in those pictures...and no this wasnt by Paul. I have never talked to, nor met him. This is by other Phoenix F-body owners.

Also, I had to re-register because I could not login, and the board did not recognize my email address.

TireFryer
Old 11-07-2003, 12:28 PM
TWS
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Holy ****! What a bunch of criminal retards!

I am VERY VERY VERY carefull when it comes to selecting anyone but myself to turn a wrench on my car. I'm not able to do everything, so sometimes I have to pay to get stuff done, but I get referrals from people whom I know and trust and then check out the shop and mechanic in person before handing over the keys.

I would have lost it had a joker done things like that to my ride. Minimum: brick through the front shop window.
Old 11-07-2003, 12:29 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by TireFryerSS
Actually that would be a 2001 SS, which is MINE. The reason the car has been there soo long is MY FAULT. I have changed my mind I dont know how many times trying to figure out what I wanted.

My car is now done...and waiting to be tuned. These mysterious parts somehow made it back into my car...soo either you got shafted and I got new parts, or someone gave you some wrong info.

I was also told of the conditions my car was sitting in. Funny tho cause my car sat for much longer than yours, and I have none of the issues you do/did. My car is covered is dust...well that is to be expected after sitting for months on end.

The owner has been more than gracious, allowing me to keep my car and use his space...he could have easily told me to get my stuff out of there until I decided what I want to do, but he didnt.

I have also been told by various other people that your car looks nowhere close to what it did in those pictures...and no this wasnt by Paul. I have never talked to, nor met him. This is by other Phoenix F-body owners.

Also, I had to re-register because I could not login, and the board did not recognize my email address.

TireFryer
I have your alternator in my garage still... and the pics were taken last week, im HAPPY to go outside and take more for you with a copy of todays paper in front of it if you would like. Keep in mind your car sat out in a dirt lot with the windows down for 5 months since it was towed in... mine got torn down , which allowed crap to spill on it, then sat for weeks without getting touched in the same 120 degree sun... so obvioulsly mine will look worse. Also ask Bryce about the crap I had to SCRUB off his paint, or matt who had steve clean his off... or the MANY MANY wittnesses that saw my car there covered in crap and called me just to tell me what was going on with it.
Old 11-07-2003, 12:34 PM
TECH Addict

OMG!!! I am a local of Phoenix and I know Many of you F-body guys. I am enraged that a place like that is in town!
I am the Only one who touches my truck. I know I can do the job the best, and it avoides terrible losses like that.
So sorry man. Ryan
Old 11-07-2003, 12:36 PM
jfm
10 Second Club

Please let people know where NOT to take their car for work.

I have to tell you that if anyone did that to my car even if it was FREE,I would kick them in the ***** until their nose bled.
Old 11-07-2003, 01:31 PM
STF Veteran

Someone should definitly pay these guys a visit!
Old 11-07-2003, 01:38 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 02PHOENIX
Someone should definitly pay these guys a visit!
I cant do anything until I get some money for this... if it has to go to the next level I Want to make sure my side says I did no slandering or threatening etc... which I have done none of... just posting pics and showing writeups from outside sources... which I have Plenty of! Im more concerned about the body work and interior than anything...
Old 11-07-2003, 01:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Dude....Time to go to court with that ****! They fecked your car up. Get a good lawyer, call the Attorney General, and get all the other people sworn testomony and put these bastards out of business. Hell, I would even sue for emotional distress and lost time.

Times like these I wish my wife was done with law school. I would drive her *** down there and MAKE her represent you for free. Better yet, i'll just drive my 250lb *** down there and bust up the ***** who did this, while you watched

I can stand those people who think they can get over on you, and do it often and without remorse. I've had shops screw me before but nothing near what you have experienced bro. However, it looks like your on your way to retribution. Get the word out in your area for sure. Maybe even call a local newspaper. Good luck to you, and sorry about your misfortune. Charlie
Old 11-07-2003, 01:46 PM
STF Veteran

I feel your pain. Just pissed off that someone could/would do that to someone else's ride and not have a clue!!!! Definitly take these guys down after getting as much of your money back, and some of their's too, for compensation. They shouldn't be allowed to operate.
Old 11-07-2003, 01:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think that was the same sorry shop in the
Phoenix area that Dug "ChevyNo1" took his
twin turbo SS to. Had them do some clutch
work and something else.
Anyway, they totally f@cked up the job.

Very poor work ....
Old 11-07-2003, 02:00 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Tin Indian
I think that was the same sorry shop in the
Phoenix area that Dug "ChevyNo1" took his
twin turbo SS to. Had them do some clutch
work and something else.
Anyway, they totally f@cked up the job.

Very poor work ....
Yeah that was Dugs car I was referring to, I dont want to blab his story though when I dont know all of it... if he wants he can come on and tell the rest
Old 11-07-2003, 02:03 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 02PHOENIX
I feel your pain. Just pissed off that someone could/would do that to someone else's ride and not have a clue!!!! Definitly take these guys down after getting as much of your money back, and some of their's too, for compensation. They shouldn't be allowed to operate.
The thing that got me the most was the interior and missing bolts... After seeing my oil pan leak with the incorrect bolts the other day when I changed my oil I was FURIOUS!!! Im only praying those bolts arent jammed in there with an impact gun or cross threaded or im gonna be mad when I try to change that front seal Also the thing with not installing valve seals when he did my cam made me mad too... thing ate oil like crazy and he told me it was normal!
Old 11-07-2003, 02:44 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,143 Likes on 743 Posts

Wow that work really looks bad.
Old 11-07-2003, 03:16 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
Wow that work really looks bad.
Yeah tell me about it! I was supposed to get Lou at LG some dyno results with the stock LS6 heads but seeing as how its gonna be forever before the car is done who knows when that will happen
Old 11-07-2003, 05:48 PM
7 Second Club

Those pictures remind me of a incident I had with Strope Speed Shop in Washington Pa.GMHTP had them made out to be very capable but unfortunately they were'nt.Good luck on collecting a judgement,it is very difficult to do.
Old 11-07-2003, 09:01 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by TireFryerSS
I have also been told by various other people that your car looks nowhere close to what it did in those pictures...
In Mike's defense he had to do a buttload of cleaning to get his car to where it is now.

I spent almost 2 hours cleaning the same air conditioning after drip off of my car as well. That **** does permanent damage to paint and Mike's interior (carpet and seats) is pretty much ruined.
Old 11-07-2003, 09:27 PM
TECH Junkie

I did better welds when I was 12 years old.