Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pulley ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2003, 06:09 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Pulley ?

I have a 98 SS A4. I will be putting in a cam in a few weeks and I was told I can not re-use my stock pulley with the SLP timing chain and oil pump. If I want to I would have to get it machined. Is this true? And if I have to change the pulley, will it take power away from the accesories like my aftermarket stereo system? Who has run into this problem that is in the same boat as me? Thanks for any feedback.
Old 11-13-2003, 07:07 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

i run my asp pulley with the rollmaster double timing chain and didnt have to machine it it. some people do, some dont.

the pulley shouldnt cause to much charging problems as long as you dont overtax the **** out of it with a huge stereo setup. even then you can get an overdrive alt. pulley to help with that.

taken from ls1howto.com

11) I installed a double roller timing chain and it seems my ASP underdrive pulley is interfering with the oil pump. Is this right?
Yes, in some circumstances (especially when using a corvette ASP pulley), the ASP pulley will need to be machined for clearance when using a double roller timing chain. The picture on the right illustrates the machining required.