Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best camshaft for my 02 LS1

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2003, 07:38 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best camshaft for my 02 LS1

I have a 2002 Z28 with small bolt-ons. Ive gotten it to run consistant 12.8's with the use of lid, bellow, maf housings, tbb, cold air, corsa exhaust, hypertech programmer, vara ram velocity stack for ur throttle body....well u get the point these 12.8s have been accomplished without long tubes and this is on street tires. I wanna know the best camshaft for me with the most hp increase with no tuning and the least hassle (as in rockers and springs). Also with a high LSA i want to be able to keep this completely hidden. THANKS
Old 11-17-2003, 08:00 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

look into mti's stealth cam or im sure other stealth guys will chime in.

also with a cam you'll want LT's to best take advantage of the new found power. a cam on stock manifolds aint worth much.

with a cam all you'll need is cam and springs. thats minimal. you can upgrade your pushrods if you want, if it were me i would. stock rockers are fine.

i'd dump the HPP3 in favor of a decent dyno tune once the cams in. with a stealth cam you will be able to get away with stock tuning but as with any aftermarket cam tuning is the best bet to get all your perameters straight (idle, afr, codes, ect) and gain a few hp.