Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ARE 436 stroker, if anyone is interested what was wrong with it......................

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2003, 11:52 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 99 Black Bird T/A
Quickin,

Why are you even thinking about spraying? That ARE 436 should be devistate just about anything on the highway from a roll NA.

Spray is also a great way to blow stuff up if the tune isn't right and voids any warranty automatically.
I'm really just learning a bit about it. For the near future I guess.

It's just those pesky 700+ RWHP turbo Supras that we have around my parts.
I'd like to be able to put them to bed as well. Nitrous is the only way.

I'm just gonna be happy as pig in sh@* to get this thing back N/A. I think I may dance a Jig!
Old 11-26-2003, 12:03 AM
FormerVendor

Those pesky Supras are 700 hp but that is a big peak. You can take them I have confidence. They may have the MPH you have the TQ.

Nate
Old 11-26-2003, 12:24 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Nasty N8
Those pesky Supras are 700 hp but that is a big peak. You can take them I have confidence. They may have the MPH you have the TQ.

Nate
I would think I'd need at least a 200 shot to get them from say 50-170mph.
Old 11-26-2003, 08:37 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Quickin
I don't know what a TNT ring is???
Where do I get one?

Dave,
I'm more interested in spraying from a roll, I'm not interested in the track much.
So, is that cam just fine for thatand how big of a shot can I go with from a roll?
I heard its better to have more exhaust duration than intake duration with nitrous.

Thanks.
TNT = Texas Nitrous Technology. They are in Texas. Click here and look for the LS1 Ring Kit. click here
Old 11-26-2003, 08:47 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Quickin
Dave,
I'm more interested in spraying from a roll, I'm not interested in the track much.
So, is that cam just fine for thatand how big of a shot can I go with from a roll?
I heard its better to have more exhaust duration than intake duration with nitrous.

Thanks.
Quicken, first off you can't hold nitrous on for more then 10seconds or so. It will build too much heat and is not safe for the motor. Like I said start with 150, remember you will get more then 150rwtq... Probably 200+ rwtq, thats a big jump, + it makes the motor very efficient and maximizes everything!

As for cams and duration, its better to stay away from 'this guy says its better' or ' I hear its better with this cam'. Your best off to listen to people who are nitrous experts such as ARE. We have the fastest LS1 nitrous cars out there. Period! We have done extensive testing with LS1 nitrous setups and allot of cams we're used, on dyno and on track! These LS1's are pretty much backwards if you compare them to SBC's or BBC's, or just about anything out there!
Like I said we went 155mph in the 1/4 with your cam!!! It was also driven to the shop everyday that summer!!! Totally streetable. Thanks
Old 11-26-2003, 10:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm glad you guys are working things out.
I feel bad for what's happened to ARE. Like Dave said they've built the fastest LS1s on the planet.
I ordered a 422 back in Nov 2000 from Nick. The first one had some "issues" which ARE took care of including all shipping charges. Didn't cost me anything except the trouble of pulling and rerinstalling the motor + fluids, etc.

Last spring I spun a bearing on the motor and Wade was willing to "work with me" on fixing it but I'd be responsible for the shipping which was like $600 from AZ and back. That seemed resonable to me. I ended up getting a local shop to do my machine work. It's nice having somebody in town that I can go to instead of dealing with somebody 3000 miles away, customs, etc.

I've got no hard feelings towards ARE and hope they get whatever issues they have straightened out and become a sponsor here again. The competition between ARE and MTI (and a few others) is probably the main reason that the LS1 has been taken as far as it has. This is good for all of us.
Old 11-26-2003, 09:59 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by SLED28
Quicken, first off you can't hold nitrous on for more then 10seconds or so. It will build too much heat and is not safe for the motor. Like I said start with 150, remember you will get more then 150rwtq... Probably 200+ rwtq, thats a big jump, + it makes the motor very efficient and maximizes everything!
So would a dry shot be best?
I always wondered if there was a time limit for spray.

Your best off to listen to people who are nitrous experts such as ARE. We have the fastest LS1 nitrous cars out there. Period!
Sounds like a plan to me.

Like I said we went 155mph in the 1/4 with your cam!!! It was also driven to the shop everyday that summer!!! Totally streetable. Thanks
With my car at full weight what size shot will get me low 10's, considering I get a good hook?

What shot did it take to get 155mph?
Old 11-26-2003, 10:04 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Jim98WS6
Didn't cost me anything except the trouble of pulling and rerinstalling the motor + fluids, etc.
I wish I knew how to R&R a motor. I have to pay for that and shipping, and a new tune. But at least ARE will be repairing it
Old 11-26-2003, 11:21 PM
6 Second Club Moderator

$16,000 motor, mail order tune= NOT GOOD! You stated you didn't have extra money to rebuild motor. Nitrous= not a good idea. Even with extensive knowledge of tuning and n2o. Problems can arise, big,expensive problems. I would run the motor for a while after the repair... Read and learn everything you can about nitrous. ARE knows there nitrous, you can get info from them. REMEMBER, nitrous can be your best friend and your WORST enemy! Best of luck to you and your new set up.
Old 11-26-2003, 11:43 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by LASTLS1
$16,000 motor, mail order tune= NOT GOOD! You stated you didn't have extra money to rebuild motor. Nitrous= not a good idea. Even with extensive knowledge of tuning and n2o. Problems can arise, big,expensive problems. I would run the motor for a while after the repair... Read and learn everything you can about nitrous. ARE knows there nitrous, you can get info from them. REMEMBER, nitrous can be your best friend and your WORST enemy! Best of luck to you and your new set up.
Thats why I'm asking questions now. I've asked Dave (ARE) and many others questions about nitrous in the past as well. ARE is where I'll go for the nitrous
knowledge.

Quick Reply: ARE 436 stroker, if anyone is interested what was wrong with it......................