Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P0300, need help troubleshooting.

Old 09-15-2009, 07:28 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P0300, need help troubleshooting.

OK, so I have used the Search function and read every thread dealing with the p0300 code, but yet I cant find any solid answer as to how to go about fixing my problem.

I own a 2001 Z28, auto with 108,000 miles. the code popped up along with a few others (P0158, P0155) and a few more I cant think of off the top of my head.

I changed the spark plugs yesterday with NGK TR5GP's and new OEM wires along with a new fuel filter and an oil change. the misfire problem went away for about 50 miles and then came back. When I am in park and hold the gas to 1500 RPM you can hear the exhaust popping like a backfire lightly.

What would be the next thing to check and how would I go about doing it? Fuel pump? crank sensor? injectors? coils? The Haynes manual doesn't give me crap for troubleshooting. I am really looking for a good, technical answer, and step by step instructions. I know that is asking alot, but it is what helps me the best so I don't mess anything else up in the process. Thanks for the help in advance.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: P0300, need help troubleshooting.