Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Low Oil Pressure after warm up

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 02:02 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bjamick
Maybe a faulty sending unit? Although it is weird that it just steadily loses oil pressure. I would think that they have screwed up with the O-ring. If you don't lube it before putting it on it will get pinched everytime. This may be the problem with every single one of their "rebuilt" motors. I'm sure they aren't doing much rebuilding.
he hooked it to a mechanical gauge...
Old 10-13-2009, 02:19 PM
TECH Resident

One thing to consider is that oil pressure is just a resistance to flow. Although I agree 5 psi is too low of a pressure for a warm idle, more important than that is that the oil increases approximately 10 psi per 1000 rpms. It sounds like your engine may be increasing the correct amount however I would still be concerned. My guess is something faulty in the pump or more likely bad bearing tolerances.
Old 10-13-2009, 04:16 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by juicedgta
he hooked it to a mechanical gauge...
Guess I should read a lil more ..
Old 10-14-2009, 10:22 AM
TECH Apprentice

Post up the a$$ companies name. So other people don't have to worry about them. I agree it never hurts to get a free consult from an attorney, Sometimes it only takes a letter. Think about it if you were the company would you rather try and take it in again or give 4000 back.
Old 10-15-2009, 11:40 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear things are not looking better. I would not get too worked up yet until you know for sure that you have bearing clearance issues. You could start with the o-ring and maybe the oil pump. While the front cover is off make sure that the oil plug in the block is present. If that does not yield anything then you will probably have to consider dropping the engine. Maybe they forgot to put the oil diverter in the rear of the engine. Good luck.
Old 10-21-2009, 12:31 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by zaxz28
post up the a$$ companies name. So other people don't have to worry about them. I agree it never hurts to get a free consult from an attorney, sometimes it only takes a letter. Think about it if you were the company would you rather try and take it in again or give 4000 back.
Private Message me and i can tell you. I dont want this crap to turn on me.. As in no way shape or form have I talked down on them. Its just my experience has not been a good one

Last edited by toadfrogjr; 10-21-2009 at 05:22 PM. Reason: not list company name
Old 07-08-2010, 02:57 AM

So here is the extent of what these clowns at *.*.*. did. Basically they screwed him over and over and over until they gave him the FU.
I recently tore the motor down. There wasn't a problem then the oil pump, the barbell was in place. It was sending oil to the top just fine. Here are the problems that were encountered:

1. Rockers were over torqued (30+ ft lbs). Broke a ratchet in the process of breaking them loose.
2. Pulled out the cam, cam bearings destroyed.
3. Metal flakes in the oil pickup screen.
4. Dug deeper. Main and rod bearings destroyed. Crank was walking – crank now destroyed.

Essentially, they have NO IDEA of what the hell they are doing at that shop. The totally destroyed this motor with their shoddy workmanship. So to sum it up: *.*.*. is a bunch of clowns.

So beware of *.*.*. - you will get screwed....

Last edited by Hazzard-SS; 07-08-2010 at 03:17 AM.
Old 07-08-2010, 03:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Is this Late Model Performance by any chance?
Old 07-08-2010, 04:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wee hoo...
Old 07-08-2010, 08:13 PM

No it is not Late Model Racing. It is dynamics.
Old 07-10-2010, 07:36 AM
TECH Resident

Improperly installed cam bearings caused the same symptoms on my last motor. The front one walked back, causing low oil pressure and contacted the lifter. Complete hack job. I suggest you contact the B.A.R.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...cambearing.jpg
Old 07-10-2010, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by Steve Gunn
Improperly installed cam bearings caused the same symptoms on my last motor. The front one walked back, causing low oil pressure and contacted the lifter. Complete hack job. I suggest you contact the B.A.R.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...cambearing.jpg
It definitely was a hack job. The cam bearings were in place, however the crank was walking and destroyed the counterweight. The options were to replace the crank or have someone repair it.

After they had installed everything, they tuned it to stock - no they did not re-flash. With everything being so over torqued (they had to have impacted everything on), they had to tune it just to get it to idle. After tearing the motor down and using correct torque specs, found out the the cam is possibly not stock (even though they claimed it was stock). Going to take the cam out and measure it to find the specs.

Anyone know of an attorney in Houston that might possible take a case on the situation on a whim? The number of people that have had problems with ARD are ridiculous. No idea how they are still in business.
Old 07-12-2010, 10:29 AM
On The Tree

I don't know a lawyer but I do have a crank out of an 01 ls6 less than 30k I can donate to the causeif you whant it!!

Quick Reply: Low Oil Pressure after warm up