Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

is it ok to reuse factory head bolts

Old 05-15-2018, 10:12 AM
TECH Addict

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

Honestly I read these posts and its laughable. I refuse to name call or disrespect anyone because their opinion is other than mine. Good Luck OP
Old 05-15-2018, 10:21 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 523 Likes on 372 Posts

Originally Posted by LLLosingit
Seriously??? I have looked at the posts you started and they don't show 47 years of experience?

I don't care if a person has 2 years or 70 years experience if they know what they are doing, Some of the smartest people I have met have had only a few years experience in their line of work and know more than someone who 3x as much experience.
I don't claim to be a better than everyone else, I know plenty who are smarter than me but I also have met plenty who claim to be a genius that can't understand basic principles.

Link to tests???...Oh wait I know better, You won't have one.

A very knowledgeable engineer would not say they are ok to be reused, That would go against everything they were taught.

They will work but as I said earlier you can't just guess at how far to tighten them and using the stock procedures.
Of all the things to save money on I can't see why anyone would want to reuse TTY bolts.
I know I have enough money into my engines that it would be crazy to try to save a few bucks and they aren't anything special.
Originally Posted by G Atsma
He's probably been doing oil changes on engines, when he wasn't sweeping the floor....

I bet you he's that same guy that posted up a couple months ago that couldn't understand why he got fired from walmart for leaving a rag in someone's engine. He said if only they had told him about the first time he did it he would have been more careful after that and it's bs they fired him for doing it twice in a couple of months. That dude was near 60, and douchebag ws6 has 140 something years of experience in engineering and turning wrenches. Yet leaves rags in everything and can't get anything right, even his story.
Old 05-15-2018, 12:45 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 474 Likes on 354 Posts

Originally Posted by RockinWs6
Honestly I read these posts and its laughable. I refuse to name call or disrespect anyone because their opinion is other than mine. Good Luck OP
Really you're going to go there... After what you posted when a man lost his fiancé in a wreck...and yes I remember it because it was a stupid thing to say.

Hmmm don't know what to tell you except people loose a lot more than you're blubbering about. Seriously you have no idea. Be glad you were spared and MOVE ON! Anything else is a complete waste of time. Don't like what I said...too bad no one cares about that either. Grow up.
Oh and you didn't call anyone names??? Yeah you're completely innocent

Trust me on this, you can reuse them without any problems......... Don't believe me...... I don't care SHEEP. LMAO
Old 05-15-2018, 01:08 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 523 Likes on 372 Posts

Originally Posted by LLLosingit
Really you're going to go there... After what you posted when a man lost his fiancé in a wreck...and yes I remember it because it was a stupid thing to say.

Oh and you didn't call anyone names??? Yeah you're completely innocent

LOL I could go back and quote several times he's name called me alone for giving him information he was looking for.

Edit: I had to go read that thread where the dude lost his wife to see those comments. The dude (rockinws6) is a piece of **** for that

Hmmm don't know what to tell you except people loose a lot more than you're blubbering about. Seriously you have no idea. Be glad you were spared and MOVE ON! Anything else is a complete waste of time. Don't like what I said...too bad no one cares about that either. Grow up.
Feeling pain is one thing, blubbering I can't go on is just BS. OK DOOD GAME over you are finished. Is that better? If he was my kid I'd slap him around a little till he woke up. Hes here breathing, shes DEAD GONE what is he complaining about! Seriously I think its petty and unmanly to type such weird crap like "I cleaned my guns and lighted weights to protect her" WTH is that????? I married 45 years and seriously think anyone who would type such crap is so immature and effed up only large doses Thorazine could help them.

Last edited by 00pooterSS; 05-15-2018 at 05:32 PM.
Old 05-15-2018, 09:07 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ive reused them several times. 22, 50, 70 , 80ft lb is what i do.. On the 80 pass if a bolt feels sketchy i let off. Ive broken a couple before and helicoiled the block.
My own **** has new stuff lol
Old 05-15-2018, 09:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,017 Likes on 2,348 Posts

Originally Posted by TahoeNate
You kinda spilled your own beans, pal! lol
Old 05-16-2018, 07:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TahoeNate
Ive reused them several times. 22, 50, 70 , 80ft lb is what i do.. On the 80 pass if a bolt feels sketchy i let off. Ive broken a couple before and helicoiled the block.
Like RockinWs6 with all your "experience", yet you cannot identify a hydrolocked cylinder. You have no business offering your advice.
Old 05-16-2018, 07:14 AM
KCS

Received 307 Likes on 207 Posts

I think this has gone far enough.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: is it ok to reuse factory head bolts