Sponsored by:

New! MTI Billet Throttle Body

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2003 | 05:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

will these be available in any colors
Old 12-14-2003 | 06:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Colors would be GREAT...I'd love to get one in red...have the LSX or my LS6 intake powdercoated in red then have an MTI TB Polished red at the tip...would be sweet.
Old 12-14-2003 | 06:58 PM
11 Second Club

I am personally debating weather to go with a ported unit or this billet piece. I would like to see some numbers on ported verses the mti on a stock or cam only motor.

Brad
Old 12-18-2003 | 05:56 PM
MTI
Launching!

The new CNC machined T-body flows 123 CFM more than a stock unit.
Old 12-18-2003 | 06:59 PM
Humanitarian

Those installed pics are really sharp.

Your MTI t-body, those polished intakes and eletric water pumps would turn an engine bay into a major attraction.
Old 12-19-2003 | 01:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
The body is machined completely from a block of billet aluminum. Its an awesome piece.

Bodhi: MTI price matches on parts. hater.
I am not a hater. You branded me withthe title, so everyone assumes this. I like facts and proof that this thing is worth $400. If all it does is look good- then wonderful. There are plenty of detail junkies that will drool on the 4 Franklins as they are handing them over. This thing is pretty.

My concern is not looks. I could give a damn about looks. I want to pay for speed. If this thing is more than double the cost of a ported TB, and doesn't outperform it significantly- then what is the purpose for me and the many folks like myself??
Once again Jayson has produced a TOP of THE LINE product, that was held to the highest standards for a premium price- that is unnecessary (unless of course you are rich). I wish him the best and look forward to seeing these on the show car circuit.

As far as the price matching thing goes- when did Jayson start this? What products does it apply to? Does it apply to labor rates? Dyno time? Custom tuning? And what relevance does it have to this thread? Is there another company with a MTI custom billet TB for sale? How much do they sell it for?

So explain to me again why this TB will significantly [read: pay for itself in engine performance. mentally weigh the $250 delta (Katech/ TR's are $150) against the overall performance gain of this piece] improve performance over ported stock TB's- in terms of RWHP. If it doubles the improvement seen by the Katech or Shaner- then hell- I might buy one. If not, then what do you have other than a showpiece?

Why am I criticized for challenging the status quo around here? Am I that far off base? Or is this personal to you?
Old 12-19-2003 | 04:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Well here is my 2 cents,First this is just a 75mm Tb I think all of the ported stockers are 75mm as well.
My point is that they should all perform real close to each other as far as airflow an so on.
As i stated earlier I have this new piece on my car now the throttle is silky smooth nothing like the stock piece I also picked up 12rwhp 10lb torque over a completly stock Tb.
Bottom Line this is a true aftermarket piece,Each part of this piece is Precesion Machined.
I like It
Old 12-19-2003 | 07:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 00T\A
Well here is my 2 cents,First this is just a 75mm Tb I think all of the ported stockers are 75mm as well.
My point is that they should all perform real close to each other as far as airflow an so on.
As i stated earlier I have this new piece on my car now the throttle is silky smooth nothing like the stock piece I also picked up 12rwhp 10lb torque over a completly stock Tb.
Bottom Line this is a true aftermarket piece,Each part of this piece is Precesion Machined.
I like It

OK- so you purchased $400+tax TB that has no known significant performance gain over a ported stock unit that can be purchased for $150+shipping. However, you are delighted with the "precision machining" and overall APPEARANCE.

So this proves my earlier point once again- MTI will provide the most elite part for a premium price- regardless of any significant performance gain. Correct?

As long as you are happy with the unit, that is all that matters. If I was into the whole show car thing, then this might be the part for me. However, I purchased my car to haul *** in. I think this is true for a large percentage of the people on this board. We put function over form.

I am simply proving my point to the "haters" on here that have labeled me the MTI basher.
I have stated my case and proved my point, time and time again, but to no avail- my ideas are excused and ignored because I am a "hater".

good morning Tony
Old 12-19-2003 | 07:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Don't get me wrong I bought my car to haul azz to.
But is there anything wrong with looking good too?
Plus I have never been on too follow a crowd.
I would rather pay 400.00 for a new unit than to pay someone 200.00 for something I already have.
Old 12-19-2003 | 07:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Don't get me wrong I bought my car to haul azz to.
But is there anything wrong with looking good too?
Plus I have never been on too follow a crowd.
I would rather pay 400.00 for a new unit than to pay someone 200.00 for something I already have.

It's $400+tax and $150+ shipping- there's a difference. Especially to poor folks such as myself.
Old 12-19-2003 | 07:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

I here ya loud an clear.
Merry Christmas & Happy New Year.
Old 12-19-2003 | 07:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I here ya loud an clear.
Merry Christmas & Happy New Year.

YEAH- xmas is one of the reasons I'm so damn poor right now.

good luck with your ride. Hope you enjoy the TB.

You know, I was just sitting here thinking about it- adn a polished holley intake with that TB would look damn good under a hood. But can you imagine how much of a pain in the *** it would be to keep clean?
There's a dude on LS1.com with a pewter SS (I think) adn he has the best damn looking LS1 engine bay I've ever seen. Everything is polished, powder coated red or matched to the body.
I would have a nervous breakdown cleaning that thing.

Quick Reply: New! MTI Billet Throttle Body