Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Major engine problems with JPR 388

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2003, 02:16 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 350 Likes on 239 Posts

I hope you get the help that they owe you . IF not then I hope they treat the 4.6 liter forced induction guys better than you because I dont see much buisness left on the f-body side for them
Old 12-06-2003, 02:23 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 350 Likes on 239 Posts

P.s , I was jacked around by G.M when a head gasket blew out and cracked the #7 cyl. on my car at 8900 miles . They blamed it on subframe connectors and an air bag in r.r coil sping because it was obvious that the car was set up for drag racing. I should have sued there *** but instead I bought a new ls6 block and got my heads ported. I built the whole engine myself and turn it to 6800 on a regular basis and that is with stock lifters. THis was my first and only engine build and it runs like a champ.12000 miles on it and atleast 100 passes at the track and tripple that on the street.
The only thing that did not go right is I have a very small leak at the rear seal, dont never have to add oil between oil changes even with the small leak.
Old 12-06-2003, 06:14 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would get my car out of there, go to someone reputable and get a second oppinion.
Old 12-06-2003, 07:09 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

holley cow.11pages of reading this.I wish for both parties to have something worked out and hopefully resolved.
Old 12-06-2003, 07:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

36 lb injectors should be able to handle the power is all I have to say. I am running 30s and making similar power.
Old 12-06-2003, 09:00 AM
Shorty Director

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

BlueBallsZZ is correct.
Old 12-06-2003, 09:05 AM
JS
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I heard from the grapevine that JD hired Joe and nothing more.The company is JD's and ONLY JD's...

A Merge would mean that JD is repsonsible too and I dont think JD truelly merged with JPR,I could be wrong but u better contact JD to find out Eric.

By the way I know JD very well and his is a good guy,Hard worker and will make right any wrongs if it was HIM that did the work but I know he didnt build this motor so in his mind I bet he feels as thought he's not repsonsible.

JD worked hard for everytrhing he has so I dont think its fair to knock him.

JS

Last edited by JS; 12-06-2003 at 02:50 PM.
Old 12-06-2003, 09:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ezss
You said it was the heads, valve seal problem, so we replaced the heads. You were again supposed do the oil convertion, but you forgot, somehow, even though I bothered you every few days about that. The job had to be hurried according to you to get me to SLP day. This was on friday 10/10, I took a bus 3 and half hours and had matt from my car club pick me up there and drive me to JDs to pick up the car. I am told by Eric white/merlin that apparently before your heads went on that it was noted that there was serious damage to my cylender walls and problems with my oil, yet the engine was still put back together and I was never notified.
Just another note on this, I smoked the clutch at SLP day, there were no clutch problems prior to this, but it seems there were already noted engine problems according to eric/merlin, who worked for you at the time (he states that on LS1.com in eatern members section)

Additionally, the oil converstion was also done locally (out of desperation to get it done) AFTER SLP day as well, and AFTER I ran at atco with all the smoke in the video. I have timeslips and receipts that will bear me out on this.

You know me, I am a very level headed, easy going guy-- it takes a lot for me to get upset (9 months apparantly, ever since I was expecting the car done in feb), but I have reached my limit. I really want to believe you are not intentionally trying to cause me grief and that something can be worked out.
Old 12-06-2003, 09:17 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

After reading this for an hour.Here is what I would do if I was the builder.

Take the car back and rebuild the motor at no cost.As the builder/installer you have to take responsability for your work.It does suck,but also happens.Also I would never let a car go unless it is 100% to my liking.

It's too bad this happened.It definitly is going to put an impact on JD/JPR'd bussiness.

Hope it works out for you.
Old 12-06-2003, 09:53 AM
Staging Lane

Default Jpr Run Quickly

Yes His Cars Do Run Quickly--thanks For The Post Joel

Joe
Old 12-06-2003, 10:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

What about MY CAR that JPR is finishing up right now. Will I have a warranty? I was told by Joe when I ordered it I would have a one. Who would HONOR this? I am curious and watching these posts very intently. I hope that evrything comes out all right for my baby!! I dont think that JD's is getting fair press in this situation. Lets hope for ALL involved this goes OK.
Old 12-06-2003, 10:10 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Slowhawk

After reading this for an hour.

Here is what I would do if I was the builder.

Take the car back and rebuild the motor at no cost.As the builder/installer you have to take responsability for your work.It does suck,but also happens.Also I would never let a car go unless it is 100% to my liking.

It's too bad this happened.It definitly is going to put an impact on JD/JPR'd business.
That's what I think as well..

If EZSS doesn't get his motor done at no further cost to him he should then go the route of small claims court.

http://www.small-claims-courts.com/index.html

Now that it's established that Joe Price is indeed on JD's payroll, that would make him subject to a "Writ of Garnishment" should he elect not to make good for the Plaintiff. The local Sheriff's Dept will have a Civil Division that handles the serving of papers and collection (for a small fee) of said judgements.

However.. all this could be avoided if JPR and JD (who says he stands behind Joe Prince) would simply make thing right for EZSS.

Old 12-06-2003, 10:18 AM
Staging Lane

Default Making It Right

Originally Posted by mrb00formula

If EZSS doesn't get his motor done at no further cost to him he should then go the route of small claims court.

Now that it's established that Joe Price is indeed on JD's payroll, that would make him subject to a "Writ of Garnishment" should he elect not to make good for the Plaintiff. The local Sheriff's Dept will have a Civil Division that handles the serving of papers and collection (for a small fee) of said judgements.

However.. all this could be avoided if JPR and JD (who says he stands behind Joe Prince) would simply make thing right for EZSS.

I AM TRYING TO MAKE IT RIGHT FOR ERIK--BUT TAKING JOE PRINCE TO COURT WILL ACCOMPLISH NOTHING--BUT THANKS FOR THE WEB ADDRESS--

AGAIN--ERIK--YOU WILL HAVE TO CALL ME--THERE IS NO WAY AROUND IT

THAT IS THE END OF ME POSTING ON THIS--I AM GETTING NO WHERE AND USING UP VALUABLE TIME--

AGAIN--CALL

THANKS
JOE
Old 12-06-2003, 10:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by RESTOMAN
THAT IS THE END OF ME POSTING ON THIS--I AM GETTING NO WHERE AND USING UP VALUABLE TIME--

AGAIN--CALL

THANKS
JOE
I guess my 12K motor wasnt worth a response huh?
Old 12-06-2003, 10:23 AM
Shorty Director

I had to do this over a year ago. It works Erik..
Old 12-06-2003, 10:25 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Bear
Jeez.. I'd hate to be in the postion you're in.

It's obvious that Joe Prince will not cover any problems, and JD's will say "I don't know you, so I don't owe you!"

Old 12-06-2003, 10:33 AM
Staging Lane

Default Never Said Anything About You

Originally Posted by Bear
BEAR--I NEVER SAID ANYTHING ABOUT YOUR ENGINE--IT WILL BE 110% FOR YOU FROM JOE PRINCE.

YOU CAN CALL ME IF YOU LIKE-
215-938-9270

JOE DUTKIEWICZ
Old 12-06-2003, 10:35 AM
Staging Lane

Default Take It Easy

Jeez.. I'd hate to be in the postion you're in.

It's obvious that Joe Prince will not cover any problems, and JD's will say "I don't know you, so I don't owe you!"

I NEVER SAID THAT--AND I DON'T KNOW YOU AND YOU DON'T KNOW ME
SO PLEASE TAKE IT EASY--YOU ARE ADDING MORE FUEL TO THE FIRE--

WHICH IS NOT NECESSARY UNLESS YOU CAN GIVE A HAND HERE

THANKS
JOE
Old 12-06-2003, 10:36 AM
11 Second Club

I AM TRYING TO MAKE IT RIGHT FOR ERIK--BUT TAKING JOE PRINCE TO COURT WILL ACCOMPLISH NOTHING--BUT THANKS FOR THE WEB ADDRESS--

JOE
115 replies to this thread, with 5,875 views here.

55 replies to the thread on LS1.com with 638 views.

A potential lawsuit and you have the nerve to say "taking Joe Prince to Court will accomplish nothing"?

Like Slowhawk said- This will have an "impact on JD/JPR'd business" and you will be hard pressed to find anyone willing to take the risk of bringing thier f-body to your shop after reading how EZSS's situation was handled.
Old 12-06-2003, 10:45 AM
Shorty Director

AGAIN--CALL

THANKS
JOE
This makes no sense. You tell Erik to not take JPR to court, but you also told him that you will fix his car for $5k plus and you will not warranty your work either. Erik they must think you are Oom Foo Foo!!

Quick Reply: Major engine problems with JPR 388