Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Paging Terry @ Patriot

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2003, 09:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

when did the "new" revs come out? i got mine in late august so should i be concerned?
Old 12-11-2003, 06:27 PM
Launching!

I had a set of the earlier PP 5.3 stage2 heads. They were the ones mentioned above that had the problem with blowing smoke out because of faulty valve seals. Terry was very helpful and shipped out the seals right away, and made things right in getting them installed. However, the valve guides in 4 out of 16 valves have noticable play in them, 2 of them are pretty bad especially for having less than 500 miles on the install. I've been busy lately so I have not gotten back to Terry about what should be done. Should I be worried? I would hate to driving under hard acceleration and have a valve break and fall inside the cyclinder.
Old 12-11-2003, 11:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by bill99hawk
I had a set of the earlier PP 5.3 stage2 heads. They were the ones mentioned above that had the problem with blowing smoke out because of faulty valve seals. Terry was very helpful and shipped out the seals right away, and made things right in getting them installed. However, the valve guides in 4 out of 16 valves have noticable play in them, 2 of them are pretty bad especially for having less than 500 miles on the install. I've been busy lately so I have not gotten back to Terry about what should be done. Should I be worried? I would hate to driving under hard acceleration and have a valve break and fall inside the cyclinder.

Not trying to scare you, but this is my 3xxx mile blower motor
http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/ta1...&.dnm=opps.jpg
Old 12-16-2003, 01:41 AM
Launching!

Terry is the man, working out the issue and providing great customer service. In todays world it makes me feel guilty to have such a great guy/company to work with. Looking forward to the replacement heads!