stock 00 ls1 beginning mods

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2009, 06:25 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stock 00 ls1 beginning mods

Hey all
I have a bone stock ls1 oo formy m6
I'm looking to start a few mods,but I live in an E Check county, what are some mods I can do to get some gains on HP and stay legal??
Old 10-25-2009, 11:54 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do some searches, and also find out how much of an e check is done. Some places just make sure it's there and ready, other places check emissions but are fairly lenient, other places have strict emissions checks.

If they will let you move the cats and your emissions checks air fairly mild, like here in NJ, you can get away with headers and up to a 220 224 cam and still pass. Any bigger than that and you'll have a very difficult time.
Old 10-25-2009, 02:00 PM
Launching!

The guys @ www.willamsperformance.com can tell you what you can do in our state to get you the max out of your ls1 and stay legal.
Old 10-26-2009, 06:21 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by KUDAJONES
Hey all
I have a bone stock ls1 oo formy m6
I'm looking to start a few mods,but I live in an E Check county, what are some mods I can do to get some gains on HP and stay legal??
My first mod was Cold Air and a K&N filter with a Lid.

Since you have a 00 a LS6 Intake is a good mod.

There are many mods you can do and still be legal. Check out this site for many more. If you got the money there will always be some mod you can do. N2O is the bigest bang for the buck.

Good luck.
Bill
Old 10-26-2009, 06:58 PM
Teching In

cat- back, underdrive , cold air,kit and free mods
Old 10-27-2009, 01:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Catback, UD Pulley, Cold air kit, Lid, LS6 intake, Port & Polished TB, TB Bypass and now for the headers. Now this is going to be the great debate. I live in a county in TN that does emissions testing. I had a 98 T/A with Long tubes and 02 sims. with a true dual system that I put cats on but knocked the inside out with turn downs and yes I passed the emissions test. Here if the car is OBD II I think that's 97 and higher they plug it into the dash and check the gas cap and have a mirror to see if it's cats under the car. My current car in my sigs. passed the inspection too. They said as long as you don't have a SES light and have cats on the car you will pass unless your gas cap is jacked up.