Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do New Blem engine blocks = big problems?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2003, 11:38 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

...i never said anything bad about this vendor, how could I, since I have not purchased anything from him to date! (Besides, the vendor in question is not even a sponsor)

...I'm only doing due diligence which is part of the reason this board exists...

...in fact, I stated that many here have reported purchasing cranks and other parts from this vendor without any problems....

...as far as changing the title of my post, I think it is dopey....

...look 99% of everything said here by others has been supportive of this vendor....many, including me, also have learned much about the parts they buy...

...in addition, I also pointed out that other vendors also are selling cores to customers who are also buying re-sleeved blocks for about the same $600 price... anyone would assume that if this is true, the parts and prices are ligit...

...all-in-all, I beleive it has been a very helpful post.

I just don't understand all the fuss and censorship...after all, I'm not aware of any censorship in the past - why me?

..no need to censor in my mind since this is a place people should be free to express views and ideas for the good of all....
Old 12-11-2003, 11:42 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,140 Likes on 740 Posts

Probably you are on the radar scope of the mods, because of the spring thread you had before. That had a 'wolf wolf' vibe.
Old 12-11-2003, 01:46 PM
TECH Veteran

...well now that you guys have put me on the radar screen (???) and you are all pissed at me for no valid reason, I'll make a great suggestion:

Since this post has provided a bunch of very valuable promotion to the vendor in question, I think we should invite him to become a paid sponsor of this board....

...after all, if you guys really think about what you have just done, you would have to conclude that, if anything, you may have hurt the sales of our sponsors since people are now more likely to buy from the vendor in question...(I think he should send me a nice X-mass card)
Old 12-11-2003, 01:59 PM
6600 rpm clutch dump of death Administrator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Robert, take a little time to look objectively at your post. The title clearly raised some questions since it did appear from its title that there was a problem. Also didn't you ask the same question over on Corvetteforum recently and get about the same answer?

No one is out to get you... As for the censorship, I'd think that was a lot better than simply removing your post which would have been the other alternative. I think you need to relax just a bit and not get quite so worked up. If you have any doubts, read all the positive feedback on this and other forums...
Old 12-11-2003, 02:03 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by robertbartsch
Since this post has provided a bunch of very valuable promotion to the vendor in question, I think we should invite him to become a paid sponsor of this board
At one time, Shaun just operated as an individual with a hookup on these GM parts, and we had no problem at all with him selling stuff. But, now that he lists his sales as his business, and several of our sponsors buy items from him, I'm sort of thinking the same thing. Its only fair, how about it Shaun? I'll send you a PM.

BTW, the previous thread title was misleading and unnecessary. You got your point across, I don't consider it "censorship". Your thread titles can be written vague to increase curiosity, they don't have to appear negative all the time.

Tony
Old 12-11-2003, 03:27 PM
TECH Veteran

Lesson learned by me:
1.Don't mention any vendor by name on this board!
2. Assume everything you post will be taken in a negative way
3. Don't complain.
Old 12-11-2003, 06:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by robertbartsch
Lesson learned by me:
1.Don't mention any vendor by name on this board!
2. Assume everything you post will be taken in a negative way
3. Don't complain.
5. :
Old 12-11-2003, 06:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Lol ...
Old 12-11-2003, 07:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Reckless
I also vouch for Shaun (valvegod). He has hooked me up a few times and has great service. I currently run a valvegod 6.0 block, 5.7 crank, and other add ons. He is not in the business of cheating folks. He relies on word of mouth for business, and you won't get that by ripping folks off. Keep up the good work Shaun
I`m very happy with the the one and only time I`ve bought from Shaun(Valvegod).The 6 speed has been shifting great for over a year now.Thanks Shaun

Quick Reply: Do New Blem engine blocks = big problems?