Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

L92 heads on LS1 block

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2009, 05:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default L92 heads on LS1 block

Ok guys, I know this may sound a little far fetched, but hear me out. I have been doing some research here, on other boards, local machine shops etc... From what the local guys are telling me, it could be possible to put L92 heads, which can easily outflow any aftermarket castings for the LS1, onto an LS1 block. I know the bore size is different so don't just quote the bore size to me!

From what I have been told and shown, It looks like it would be possible to put a set of L92's on the block by chamfering the very top of the cylinder walls ever so slightly to allow the valves to clear them and still have excellent flow. I don't know for sure, but this is what I was told is possible to do and had it confirmed by a local engine builder.

Just wondering if anyone had ever heard of this being attempted before.
Old 11-12-2009, 05:32 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We have never put an L92 on anything smaller than a 4" bore size. On that small of a bore, if you ever got them to actually clear the valves would be shrouded so bad you would kill any flow you might have gained. I can't see it being a good idea.
Old 11-12-2009, 05:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

i agree with TSP, if u listen to Anyone it should be them.

Although if u'r set on this idea Mast motorsports makes and LS3 head for small bore engines. under Black Label go to cylinder heads, then small bore. first option

http://www.mastmotorsports.com/black...?Section=Black Label Cylinder Heads&id=102
Old 11-12-2009, 05:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm not necessarily set on the idea... It just sounded nice to have a set of heads flowing in excess of 350 for relatively cheap on the stroker I plan on building.

Quick Reply: L92 heads on LS1 block