Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LQ4. High Compression?? ==383

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 11:34 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LQ4. High Compression?? ==383

My setup is in my sig. I know that LQ4 heads have such a big chamber that they will lower compression to an engine. But if i have high compression pistons, can i possible keep pretty high compression if i mill the bottom of the heads down to where PTV clearance is still good? Is this possible? I have heard they flow well if ported and polished.
Old 11-24-2009, 05:52 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It really depends on the piston relief size, gasket thickness and bore size, and how much you are milling the heads. I would say that it should be possible but I would need more info. on the parts you are using. Remember, milling the heads typically kills flow. Let me know more on the specifics and I'll see if I can help ya!

Jon
Old 11-24-2009, 08:36 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Right now i am running a stock ls1 felpro headgasket, which i will probably go with the new heads, the pistons are mahle but i do not have a specific part number, i know they were really short though, flat tops with 2 reliefs in them. The block has already been decked so there is some distance. But i heard i could mill the heads up to about ten thousandths? With the lq4s haveing such i good size chamber i dont think i would lose a lot of flow would I?

Quick Reply: LQ4. High Compression?? ==383