Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS6 heads and High Compression pistons

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2009, 03:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LS6 heads and High Compression pistons

I have a set of Stage II Livenois LS6 cnc ported heads milled to 54cc chambers. I have been looking around trying to find a high compression dome piston, something that would net me around 14.5-15:1 static compression to toy with in my 347ci motor so I could try an out of the ordinary setup. I have noticed practically every of the shelf dome piston I find will fit most LS heads with the exception of Ls6 heads. Anyone have any experience finding something that I may be able to use? I know I could order a set of dome pistons but I would prefer to keep the costs to a minimum.

I would really like to see an informative thread/discussion take off from this because I can't find any info on this. I would really like to see what Pat G and some of you other guys with extensive knowledge and experience chime in on this.

I have been pondering on trying something along the lines of this N/A setup next year once I finish my 25.4 build...
-Ported GMPP intake or Super Victor carb manifold (opposed to my FI Fast 90)
-My milled Livernois heads
-Along with my forged h-beam setup minus my forged flat tops of course (which currently put me at 11.5:1)
-Custom grind Futral cam for my setup (I love the cam Alan spec'd for my current setup)
-850 Alcohol Carb
-1 7/8 headers
-6000 stall
-Really steep gear (Mainly 5.60 gear or so with my 31" slicks since I 1/8 mile race but I will have a 1/4 mile gear too)

So lets get this going!
Old 12-22-2009, 12:45 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

aren't the valves in the ls6 heads in the same place/angle as the 241/853/317 ? news to me if they aren't so there should be no reason why it wouldn't work. i would clay it though to check ptv. that is quite a bit of milling to take out 10 cc.
with 15:0 scr the dome needs to be very close to what the head pocket is so i would consult with a piston manufacturer.

Last edited by slow trap; 12-22-2009 at 12:47 PM. Reason: addition

Quick Reply: LS6 heads and High Compression pistons