Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Worth it to get just 1.8 rockers and upgraded heads?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2003, 09:39 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Worth it to get just 1.8 rockers and upgraded heads?

I just wanted to throw this out there...I did a search, but half the topics I clicked on didn't exist anymore.

I currently have a 99 TA, A4, with SLP longtubes and a convertor, just to give you an idea. I was thinking about getting a cam and was looking at some of the Thunder cams, but I'm also planning to eventually go with a supercharger, so I didn't want to get a cam with a very wide duration or a lot of overlap.

My question is: would it be beneficial to me to stick with the stock cam and get a set of 1.8 or 1.85 rocker arms with Stage II heads and an LS6 intake? I was thinking the additional lift and the upgraded heads would allow me to flow better without increasing duration too much, to where overlap would compromise the boost pressure.

How much power am I likely to pick up? Would this be a good setup for both a mild gain NA and an eventual FI system, or am I better off just getting a mild cam?
Old 02-20-2003, 05:08 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Worth it to get just 1.8 rockers and upgraded heads?

Hi ratio rockers will boost liftslightly but will not add enough duration to make great power. LSA will work with stock cam but if money is not an issue you could make more power with split duration cam around 220* intake and around 230* exhaust on a 114* LSA or wider.