Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil stravtion problems 1st and 2nd gear

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 05:55 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 01ssreda4
^^^ first let me say that from the horse's mouth he said if the cup fills up you have way to much oil in the top of your motor. So if the heads arent dumping oil into the cup then the hole in the cup does no good either. Plus, the cups sit at an angle, they dont even have to be 90% full before the spill over. Also, if you are argueing with butler and he says the lifter cups retain oil during operation then duh running oil a quart over wont matter bc its stuck in the lifter cups. I wish some people could form one complete concise thought.

BTW, there are holes in the bottom of each cup, with a pushrod going through the center where it rests on top of the lifter. The "bottom" of the cup is loosely sealed to lifter. The cup has slots to keep the lifter from rotating. They are what holds lifters up when people do the roulette method during cam swaps.
I never said that. The lifters fit snug enough in the trays to hold oil. Do what you want I have no issues with loss of oil pressure and I run 1.5 60' which will be in the mid to lo 1.4's. I've built 10 or more engines but I'm just plain ignorant. A friend of mine runs an lsx 454 and he is the one I talked to about loss of oil pressure. He run 9.5's on motor. Think I'll listen to him. His runs 80 psi oil pressure when he is at the end of the 1/4 at 138 mph.