Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

#3 misfire

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2010, 08:26 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default #3 misfire

i've posted up a couple things about how my 98 formula has been running.. i thought i had everything fixed till today when i took it to get it inspected. about a 10minute drive to the place, right before i got there i got a SES light car was running fine though. Now after the car passed inspection i left and right out of the parking lot it started running horrible again.. It back fired a couple times, wouldn't really idle at all i had to hold the pedal a little to keep it going, it was sputtering and just wanting to die. I managed to make it to an advanced auto parts store and had them check the codes. It was kicking out a #3misfire detected and also a Bank 1 sensor 1 O2 light (i previously had a Bank 2 sensor 1 which i changed and got rid of that) I ordered a new coil pack for the #3 cylinder, the plugs were just recently changed when the car was doing this before about a week or 2 ago.

just seeing if anyone has anyother ideas on what could cause this, i'm hoping that a new coil pack fixes it but with the luck i have been having with this car i'm sure its going to keep messing up..