Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LQ4 questions sorry

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2010 | 04:31 AM
Launching!

Default LQ4 questions sorry

Ok, I am new to the lsx fam, so some help would be nice. I have been looking for a ls based engine to drop into my 90 formula. Now, I no that dropping a ls1 from a 4th gen camaro or firebird would be easier, but not cheaper. Now the question I have found many LQ4 which is a 6.0 correct? Now could i buy a ls1 intake and put it on there? could i put ls1 heads on it? a ls1 cam? see what i am asking pretty much can you make a 6.0 lq4 have all the breathing components of a ls1? or is this kinda like a sbc where everything pretty much goes together. any help would be appreciated thanks
Old 02-18-2010 | 06:31 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by stoning_volcom
Ok, I am new to the lsx fam, so some help would be nice. I have been looking for a ls based engine to drop into my 90 formula. Now, I no that dropping a ls1 from a 4th gen camaro or firebird would be easier, but not cheaper. Now the question I have found many LQ4 which is a 6.0 correct? Now could i buy a ls1 intake and put it on there? could i put ls1 heads on it? a ls1 cam? see what i am asking pretty much can you make a 6.0 lq4 have all the breathing components of a ls1? or is this kinda like a sbc where everything pretty much goes together. any help would be appreciated thanks

yes, why would you want to swap in an ls1 cam look for a ls6 cam or some custom grind, also look for some 241/243 heads instead of the ls1 heads the lq4 has dished pistons (6cc or so) and get an ls6 intake over an ls1... you are going to want to mill heads/run thin gaskets to boost the compression

Chad