Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

remote start-one came installed, but no remote

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2010 | 09:11 AM
Teching In

Default remote start-one came installed, but no remote

apparently my camaro has a remote start... there is a warning label stuck under the hood that says there is one installed and some other general warning stuff. i didnt know it had one until after i bought the car. it didnt come with a remote or anything and the guy didnt say it even had it. so what i am hoping somebody knows is where is a remote start generally located (it was probably installed professionally). and how can i get a new remote to control it?
Old 02-22-2010 | 10:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Maybe it's possible he removed the whole thing before selling the car and didn't remove the stickers?

But to answer your question probalby a box underneath the dash. If there is one I'm sure you can contact the MFG and order just a remote...
Old 02-22-2010 | 02:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Yeah you are gonna want to look under the steering column.
Old 03-04-2010 | 11:54 AM
Teching In

i found it. i got a remote and programed it and made it kind of work but it's all jacked up. press the lock or unlock at the wrong time and it will set the alarm off (cept the horn isn't wired to it so the horn doesn't honk at least, just the lights flash). then the remote start was working once i figured the buttons out, then i let it sit for a hour or two and tried starting it with the remote again and it tries starting, the starter cranks for about 1 second and the engine fires, but when the starter turns off, the engine turns off. so i guess there is a problem with the remote starter. its all jacked up... i just unplugged the whole thing...
Old 03-04-2010 | 12:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

good idea