Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

clutch slave cylinder question

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 10:45 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default clutch slave cylinder question

heres the problem im having, when im driving my car the clutch pedal doesnt want to release all the way, I have to pull it up with my foot, and at high RPM's it doesnt want to shift and the pedal just stays on the floor, could this be from a bad slave cylinder?.....if so, how hard are they to change.....thanks
Old 02-24-2010, 05:42 PM
Launching!

anyone?
Old 02-24-2010, 06:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

This belongs in the manual transmission section. Your hydraulics are messed up. Look into drill mod. It may be able to save you. If your hydraulic fluid is dark or damaged, it will boil easier, causing poor performance, or lack of intended operation, aka your symptoms. The drill mod did not do anything for me. Nor did the McLeod stainless line that has less restriction and better heat protection than the stock line. I am replacing my hydraulics with a Tick adjustable master cylinder and new slave and new fluid, along with TOB and whole clutch setup.
Old 02-24-2010, 07:13 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 1SLwLS1
This belongs in the manual transmission section. Your hydraulics are messed up. Look into drill mod. It may be able to save you. If your hydraulic fluid is dark or damaged, it will boil easier, causing poor performance, or lack of intended operation, aka your symptoms. The drill mod did not do anything for me. Nor did the McLeod stainless line that has less restriction and better heat protection than the stock line. I am replacing my hydraulics with a Tick adjustable master cylinder and new slave and new fluid, along with TOB and whole clutch setup.
thanks man
Old 08-07-2011, 06:04 PM
Teching In

ya im havin the same problem minus the pedal sticking.. i replaced the master cylinder and did the drill mod and it didnt help.. next step is the slave cylinder... i heard that 98 -99 the slave cylinder isnt as good as the ones in the 01 to 02

Quick Reply: clutch slave cylinder question