Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

B4C w/140k

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 07:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking B4C w/140k

So my 2000 B4C is getting a bit aged and with 140 turns on it I think it might be getting close to rebuild time. Now Im trying to get some heads up on what I might be expecting as for as the cylinders. It was one of the engines that developed piston slap and never had the pistons replaced. I ve noticed lately the slap take a long time to quiet down. Does anyone think the cylinders may be to far gone and i should plan on resleeving it or could it be OK. I think I might just go 383 with heads and cam plus a nice set of headers. I know its hard to tell with out pulling it apart but im just wondering what others have ran across in the past, any input would be nice.
Old 03-09-2010, 09:52 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just pulled the orig. 185k mile motor out of my 99 b4c and besides some decent bearing wear (but by NO means bad) it looks great!!

I checked my cylinders and pistons over really well and besides 2 sets of my rings being almost completely lined up (thanks GM WTF?) i see NO problems what so every and will be putting it back together with new bearings and rod bolts. and new rings on the stock pistons and rods.

I am going to run a bead hone throught the cylinders to help seat the rings but besides new rod bearings,bolts, seals and gaskets. its staying stock.

i did a cam swap when i bought the car and ive beat it every day. I was expecting worse but mine also didnt make and piston slap. ever. since i bought the car and i knew the previous owner for 3 years before.

i wouldnt be worried do the basics and youll be fine.
Old 03-10-2010, 08:07 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ya know my 99 slapped badly for 100k miles....had the engine cylinders decarboned and it was quiet as a mouse....funny huh? It was carbon build up causing all that knocking noise. My 02 has terrible lifter noise...wish there was a easy fix for that.