Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AFR 215 Bullet UPDATE!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2010 | 09:54 AM
Teching In

I have been a passenger recently in the Blue Beast since the transplant. When the go pedal gets planted in 2nd gear or 3rd you have the ability to view sides of cars your passing thru the front windshield. Thank god for steves driving ability's the average person would call this car a Telephone pole Wrapper. Steve might actually have to invest in a F1 style traction control device to harness the power at initial start.

For comparison sake my only other ride from the passenger seat I can even say was comparable was a '01 cobra with a Big single turbo, C4 with a big stall going down the 1/4 in the sub 10 second zone. (Private track day so riders were able)

When the big blue beast has traction the pressure of the G-forces in your chest just does not give while it is going forward. Think catapult launch from a navy air craft carrier. Continous Surge of never ending force in your chest. The crazy part and it probably has to do with the suspension, it feels like your literally flying in the air. Now a friend on race gas in his '04 cobra put down north of 640 and that thing feels like it is going forward fast, but doesn't give the heavy force in your chest.

Next you got to see the perfect detail shots he had done by a professional detailer, cause now the car looks as a fast as it is now.

Trust me I been emailing and pming him many drag pack used setups and no bites. Steve had a bad experience at a drag strip that he never wants to have happen again. Plus drag strips have walls where most road course don't. So your able to get out of it and save it, where as a drag strip its concrete time.

Maybe tony can fly out here for July 4th weekend and bring some round luggage with like a CCW drag pak setup and participate in a local event at ORP called the IHP streetcar challenge which would probably make steves vette the podium winner in the N/A class.
Old 05-09-2010 | 11:01 AM
TECH Senior Member

540/500 STD is pretty damn solid man !!! I hear you totally on blowing off the tires in any of the first 3 gears without proper throttle mgt. Your mn12 gearing isn't helping you either. Going to need more tire outback or you'll have to stay away from WOT until 4th like you mentioned. A piece of advice Nitto drag extremes are not up to task. You'll need something stickier unless you want to drive the nittos around with 24 psi in them. I roll at 30 psi and and they after warm will hold 2nd sometimes but still seem to spin above 5000 causing me to back out. So please post up what tire you go with and if it holds all that power you are making.

I was curious if your tuner could pull up your dyno run and change it to SAE so we could see what the motor made after correction vs what it made on that cool March day.

Sorry to hear that a 12 dollar part set you back so long. I just suffered a week off due to a speed bleeder failure. Can you believe that.
Old 05-28-2010 | 06:02 AM
LS6
TECH Regular

scary hp from this combination
Old 05-28-2010 | 09:41 AM
TECH Senior Member

Any updates ? Vids? Is the car back on the road?
Old 05-31-2010 | 12:23 AM
TECH Senior Member
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by allngn_c5
Any updates ? Vids? Is the car back on the road?
x2 on this. Did you get all the problems worked out?
Old 05-31-2010 | 02:01 AM
TECH Addict

so whats it like driving a rocket sled on the street?

i'de get arrested for sure....

moar vids!!!!
Old 05-31-2010 | 02:20 AM
TECH Senior Member
15 Year Member

I hope to have 440/400 after my build. I couldn't imagine that much power in a lighter car.
Old 05-31-2010 | 05:16 AM
TECH Addict

Great results and great post......thanks for the update and congrats!!!
Old 05-31-2010 | 06:31 AM
On The Tree

Sorry for the lack of response friends, but I have been busy driving the car, living life, and doing other things that excite me (which doenst include living on the internet.)

Car is fine - no, that is not right. Car is PERFECT. It has never had any "issues". It runs and drives exactly like I want it to. Took the wife to Chicago in it this Saturday as a matter of fact (3.5 hour drive one way). It cruises down the highway just like any other car. When I need to pass a pesky slow poke, only need to drop it into fifth because the motor makes so much torque and I am past the slow poke before they even know I am trying to pass them. Car averaged 23mpg - including some "spirited" driving on the highway and quite of bit of in town driving in Chicago and in my home town. Not too damn shabby for 620HP if you ask me.

Honestly I have no idea what the current dyno numbers are, and honestly I dont care. Dyno numbers are for loosers who need a number to make them feel better about themselves (IMO). The car does what I want and performs how I want it too. I dont know if that means it has 450RWHP or 550RWHP. I can tell you AGAIN, that with 19" Nitto 305 INVO's, 1st and 2nd gear are useless, and the car struggles for traction in 3rd. I mean I am in 3rd gear and punch it from 2500rpm and she will break 'em loose around 4500rpm. The car is violent when you push on the loud pedal, yet will cruise on the highway like a Cadillac and purr like a kitten (proved that Saturda with the trip to Chicago).

All in all I couldnt be happier with the result. It's all about burning gas and puttin holes in the Ozone layer for me now LOL!!!

Old 05-31-2010 | 09:06 AM
TECH Senior Member

Thanks for the update. Glad to hear you are enjoying the car, and it is performing so well.

I will add this, your post is very negative towards all the people that have followed your build, and shown interest in the final results. For you to post up in such a cocky manner that those of us who followed your build live on the internet, etc etc and that your life is so fun filled and exciting while the rest are losers for wanting to know what she made on a chassis dyno. Wanting to know what kind of numbers a car made on a chassis dyno is just a good way to look at how much hp is being lost thru a specific drivetrain. If yours put down some stellar number it would help out a lot of people, and if it didn't then it would steer people clear of the direction you took.

I apologize for being an *** in your previous thread, but its unbelievable to me what a jerk you sound like in your update post. Probably took you all of 15 seconds to dog the people interested in loser dyno numbers (Btw I spelled it correctly unlike you "LOOSER"). For the record the people on tech are not losers that live on the internet, the vast majority of us are just interested in new builds, and the data that is shared. Thanks for taking that moment out of your exciting life and sharing with us. Please go back to sipping champagne and eating caviar, the rest of us will be mindless zombies holding our breath until you post again.

One question, since you state that dyno numbers are for "LOOSERS" (btw its loser, not looser) why did you even bother posting your engine dyno numbers? Thanks again for coming on here and being a real jerk via your post in regards to all the interested parties that were supportive of your build and just wanted to know the outcome.
Old 05-31-2010 | 09:29 AM
on2
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ssmith512
Dyno numbers are for loosers who need a number to make them feel better about themselves (IMO).

It's all about burning gas and puttin holes in the Ozone layer for me now LOL!!!
You are a cocky idiot.
Old 05-31-2010 | 09:33 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by on2
You are a cocky idiot.
I knew it wasn't just me that felt that way after reading your latest post Steve.
Old 05-31-2010 | 10:03 AM
TECH Senior Member

Sorry for the lack of response friends, but I have been busy driving the car, living life, and doing other things that excite me (which doenst include living on the internet.)

Car is fine - no, that is not right. Car is PERFECT. It has never had any "issues". It runs and drives exactly like I want it to. Took the wife to Chicago in it this Saturday as a matter of fact (3.5 hour drive one way). It cruises down the highway just like any other car. When I need to pass a pesky slow poke, only need to drop it into fifth because the motor makes so much torque and I am past the slow poke before they even know I am trying to pass them. Car averaged 23mpg - including some "spirited" driving on the highway and quite of bit of in town driving in Chicago and in my home town. Not too damn shabby for 620HP if you ask me.

Honestly I have no idea what the current dyno numbers are, and honestly I dont care. Dyno numbers are for loosers who need a number to make them feel better about themselves (IMO). The car does what I want and performs how I want it too. I dont know if that means it has 450RWHP or 550RWHP. I can tell you AGAIN, that with 19" Nitto 305 INVO's, 1st and 2nd gear are useless, and the car struggles for traction in 3rd. I mean I am in 3rd gear and punch it from 2500rpm and she will break 'em loose around 4500rpm. The car is violent when you push on the loud pedal, yet will cruise on the highway like a Cadillac and purr like a kitten (proved that Saturda with the trip to Chicago).

All in all I couldnt be happier with the result. It's all about burning gas and puttin holes in the Ozone layer for me now LOL!!!

Original post before he edits. FAIL !
Old 05-31-2010 | 10:47 AM
Teching In

Honestly I have no idea what the current dyno numbers are, and honestly I dont care. Dyno numbers are for loosers who need a number to make them feel better about themselves (IMO).

What a JACKASS!! , you must be a really insecure guy to post comments like this to people that are being supportive to your post. No one here give a **** about you "living life" and no one here appreciates being talked down to. You need some lessons in people skills and spelling.
Old 05-31-2010 | 11:14 AM
On The Tree

Well, cant please everyone all the time.

Sorry ya'll took my post as personal as you did. I gave an update on how the car has been performing as requested and I stated my PERSONAL opinion about dyno numbers. I can not help the fact that you do not like my PERSONAL opinion and I NEVER ONCE DEGRADED ANYONE IN MY POST (some people get too caught up in dyno numbers thinking dyno numbers are the ONLY gauge to a succesful build - they are the loooooooooosers). Seems to me that those that do not respect (or like) my PERSONAL opinion are the ones that are insecure, cocky and are jackasses. Must be Obama supporters.

Take my post for what it is. BTW, "living life" is a reference to working my *** off 10-12 hours a day in this tough economy, making sure the house is taken care of, taking care of my parents and my wifes parents, spending time with my nieces and nephews, and all of the other daily activities that prevent me from having time to make 4+ post (on average) per day on this forum (like DOUG). I can not believe that a few of you think I was making a reference to some sort of special, rich lifestyle. Really?? I wish.

Enjoy the day, and a special thanks to all those that have and are presently serving time in the military - which has allowed me the freedom to **** SOME OF YOU OFF with my post.

HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY!!
Old 05-31-2010 | 12:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Thanks for putting a name (mine) as to who you were aiming your comments towards. By the reaction to your post, its not just me that thinks you are a jerk. So its nothing personal from me, many people will post up soon enough saying what an *** your post makes you sound like.

Thanks for dodging the question too, I did ask you since dyno numbers are for losers why did you brag so much about your 620 FWHP? I mean cmon Steve, you said it yourself dyno numbers are for "LOOSERS".

I'll restate it, your build was a very highly anticipated build. It took forever to complete, and then due to weather and some 12 buck part failure (pilot bearing if memory serves) even longer to get on the chassis dyno for final tuning and final numbers. So we all waited and waited, and after its all said and done after our positive comments (mine included) you come on here and dump on us. You discredit yourself, your car, and to an extent all the effort Tony Mamo put into your build. All the excitement generated by a new product was definately marred by your inability to be gracious about what you now have.

Steve you got a killer setup, just keep in mind a lot of people were excited about your build so naturally enquiring minds want to know. Have fun today and don't get in any accidents considering your tires can't hold all that torque you have until 4th gear. Try a drag radial unless you don't want your cornering to suffer a little. Straight line performance will go up but cornering will take a hit.

BTW I can post as often as I do, due to my line of work. Lots of down time and what would you have me do sit idle with a coma esque look on my face or read and comment on threads? I don't get on here to rip on people like you I actually get many pm's a week asking me about my build (as I am certain you do too) and I try to give good info out so people don't head in the wrong direction. If I don't know then I point them in the direction of someone who does know. You gotta remember this is a forum/community where information is posted and shared for the benefit of all. Not trying to preach as I am no angle, but your arrogance and telling the people that wanted dyno numbers they were losers was totally uncalled for. Ok stepping off the soapbox.
Old 05-31-2010 | 05:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

All this time on tech and I still managed to make over 107 K ! Being on tech sure hurt my ability to earn. LOL
Old 06-01-2010 | 12:14 AM
TECH Senior Member
15 Year Member

Doug we are all happy for you. I am shocked you didn't post your W-2.

I too took that post from the OP to be snobbish and disrespectful. You have had a lot of followers and interest in both your threads and people defending you. To come on here and post that was IMHO a kick in the nuts. You wanted all sorts of attention before but now it's done you are "too good" and out living the life.
Old 06-01-2010 | 07:22 AM
On The Tree

Doug, I havent bragged about anything. I have made a total of 1 post listing the flywheel numbers and 2 posts listing the 1 chassis number I got. Wow, that is really bragging isnt it. You have made more posts in MY threads than I have. How often do you talk about yourself and your car?? Oh yea, every time you post; I would consider that to be bragging. And second Doug, I have never deleted a post of mine - I dont need to (I am man enough to stand by what I say), but you, you have deleted several of your posts over the course of your 4+ post per day when things dont go your way. So your attempt above at trying to make me look like someone who would go back on what I posted just because a few people got upset is hypocritical on your part and really a showing of your insecurity.

Next.......

My how quickly you all forget. I havent changed my tune since day one. And when I was posting from Westech you all were like kids in a candy store. Now, because I dont have time to get chassis dyno numbers and really dont even care about chassis dyno numbers, I am the *******? Funny. Might I remind you..............................(my post from 4 months ago)

Some pertinant info for everyone: My car is a street driven weekend warrior. I am an ex-HDPE instructor. I have been down the drag strip I think total of 5 times my entire life. Everything about my car, radiator, to suspension, to gearing, etc. is spec'd/built in order to maximize my fun on the street (stop light to stop light). I can almost guarantee that my car will never see the drag strip from this point forward. This engine build exactly (and actually exceeded my hopes) gives me what I want - low rpm power.

See, "running a number" at the strip or "trapping" a certain MPH, or even hitting a certain number on the dyno means nothing to me. What makes a car "fast" to me would not make a very good drag car.

So, if my build did not meet your "expectations", all I can say is I didnt have this motor built for you or to impress anyone but myself. If you cant see in the dyno graph at just how efficient these cylinder heads are, and at how powerful this motor really is (come on man, it lays down 490ft-lbs on the hit of the dyno!!!), then there is nothing I can do. If you are caught up on nothing but peak HP numbers, then you havent paid attention to the information given in this thread. If you dont like the dyno results, that is fine, you dont have to. The ONLY person that needs to like the grpah and the results is ME. But posting crap like "I expected more" just shows your ignorance, because you have no idea what MY expectations were/are. And the motor was built for me and ONLY me.
Seriously. Sit down and think about what I have posted and all of your repsonses. Why does it matter what my car makes at the wheels? If I think chassis dyno numbers are worthless numbers, why cant you any of you accept and respect that? I am happy with how the car performs on the street, where I drive it ALL of the time. Isnt that good enough?? What purpose would chassis dyno humbers serve? What is the difference between 525RWHP numbers and 550RWHP numbers?? Would seeing a big chassis dyno number make all you feel better about yourself, or would it make you feel better about me?

I posted a chassis dyno number for all to see earlier. I was asked to give an update and I did. If you all feel I am cocky, disrespectful, arrogant, etc., because I dont think chassis dyno numbers are the shiznit, that is great; you are all entitled to your opinion, JUST LIKE I AM. I call it and say it like it is. If that gets some panties in a bunch every now and then,......................oh well!

Originally Posted by LilJayV10
You wanted all sorts of attention before but now it's done you are "too good" and out living the life.
Dont you people read?!?!?!

BTW, "living life" is a reference to working my *** off 10-12 hours a day in this tough economy, making sure the house is taken care of, taking care of my parents and my wifes parents, spending time with my nieces and nephews, and all of the other daily activities that prevent me from having time to make 4+ post (on average) per day on this forum (like DOUG). I can not believe that a few of you think I was making a reference to some sort of special, rich lifestyle. Really?? I wish.

Last edited by ssmith512; 06-01-2010 at 09:02 AM.
Old 06-01-2010 | 11:24 AM
11 Second Club

I've got no problem with your post...didn't seem snobish in the least. In your own way you just stated what should be obvious, dyno numbers don't tell the whole story. That's all I read into it.

Quick Reply: AFR 215 Bullet UPDATE!!