Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

oversized cam bearings???

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 10:14 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default oversized cam bearings???

do any of you know of any for the LS motors? or something that would work? don't have all the details right now, but supposedly there is a defect in a 5.3l block that we took the the machine to have cleaned up and new bearings installed. something about block shift? like i said, i don't know, but was told to see if i could find an oversized bearing. any help is appreciated.
Old 05-07-2010, 11:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like for some reason the block shifted and it wasnt square anymore so the machine shop had to make the camshaft bearing holes larger to get it to square up again (along with other work).

I would call up a bearing company like Clevite and see what they have to say. I would imagine they make/can make over siezed LS motor bearings.
Old 05-07-2010, 10:45 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what year is the motor? GM made two different size cam bearings, if I am correct they swap somewhere around 2000. I don't remember which ones where smaller, but I want to say earlier years were bigger. Like I said I don't remember all the details, but it might be worth looking at. Good Luck man
Old 05-08-2010, 09:18 AM
KCS

Received 315 Likes on 213 Posts

Just call around. I'm pretty sure durabond has oversized cam bearings.

Make sure you need them, first. Like mentioned, they may have the wrong cam bearings since there are two differents sets for the different years.

Quick Reply: oversized cam bearings???