Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just how strong do you think the LS1 will get?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2004, 03:28 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Just how strong do you think the LS1 will get?

I mean as the engineering and testing goes on do you think it will hang with the old 351w or the 400 block stuff thats been out for a while.

How much HP do you think we will accomplish... How much boost and such... I know we are limited for now because its so new but I see a lot of shops taking chances on testing stuff with some good and some not so good results like the LSX...
Old 01-19-2004, 06:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I dont know, not so many people have pushed the limits on these motors yet. I do know they are not ideal for Forced induction.
Old 01-19-2004, 06:54 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ssdungeon
I mean as the engineering and testing goes on do you think it will hang with the old 351w or the 400 block stuff thats been out for a while.

How much HP do you think we will accomplish... How much boost and such... I know we are limited for now because its so new but I see a lot of shops taking chances on testing stuff with some good and some not so good results like the LSX...

Hard to say how much its capable of, but in my opinion the only limiting factors are head sealing with 4 bolts/cylinder and room for max. size valvesprings on N/A motors. Everything else is better than older generation Ford or Chevy motors. I plan on making tunnel rammed 346" with around 740 flywheel hp N/A for use in my 68 Chevy II. Aluminum rods, gas ported small dome pistons, stock crank, LS6 heads, 8500rpm shift point(manual automatic) when money and time allow. Biggest expense will be custom sheetmetal tunnel ram.