Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

04 GTO LT's No Cats. Question.

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2010 | 01:33 PM
Teching In

Default 04 GTO LT's No Cats. Question.

I am a little strapped for cash after the exhaust upgrade: Pacesetter long tubes ceramic coated headers, off road connection pipes, SLP Loud mouth cat back. So my question is as follows: It will be a few months before i can have the cats tuned out, and the ses is already on, is the car running in open loop, or basic mode? Or is the ses light just to let the emissions scanner know the cats are not functioning? Thanks for the help!
Old 07-19-2010 | 01:53 PM
TECH Regular

Not that I recommend this, but I ran my Camaro for 3-4 months after my cam/longtubes/offroad Y install untuned. I had like eight or ten SES codes. It ran a little rich, and I have since had it tuned, but it ran fine for those couple months. Do you still have the rear O2's hooked up? I deleted those and that caused about 3/4 of the codes, the others were from the cam. I wouldn't be afraid to drive it at all. As long as the pre-cat O2's (front) are hooked up and functioning they are still being used to calculate A/F etc.
Old 07-19-2010 | 02:26 PM
Teching In

Yes, all four sensors are still hooked up, i am just trying to figure out if it is going to kill me on fuel milage becuase of the code. Thank you for your resonse!