Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Needed more Horsepower

Old 08-01-2010, 06:21 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Needed more Horsepower

02 ws6 ram air
500 HP Trickflow top end kit from summit (built heads & cam) roller rocker arms, edelbrock shorty headers, high flow cats, hooker exhaust, thermostat, double roller timing chain, cold air intake.
Tuned I got 422hp with 415lbs.
I cant decide what route to go for my next HP gains. I was thinking about a 408 stroker kit, but thats a lot of work. (if anyone could fill me on the specifics)
Then there is the turbo option. I havent been on this site in a while. Whats the word on the STS rear mount? But its always good to have a built engine before you run boost, which brings me back to the stroker kit.
Yeah I could give it a 100 shot or so, but I would rather have the power there all of the time.
I also want to be able to drive the car, the cam I have isnt to bad but did give it a bit of a shake. How is the driveability when you stroke the engine.
Old 08-01-2010, 06:47 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

whats your budget?
Old 08-01-2010, 06:53 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont really have one. I guess I would like to stay under 7k just pulling a number out of no where. But I dont want to do something now that I will regret later. Something like not upgrading now when I will have to rip it apart down the road to redo something cause it wont hold the power or something. This car is not my daily driver anymore. I want to keep it street legal. And im sure in another few years I will have another 7k or so I will throw at it. I already regret the shorty headers shoulda gone long tube

Search this Thread