Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which Heads, Cam, Intake for LS1 Iroc

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 11:56 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Which Heads, Cam, Intake for LS1 Iroc

I just bought a 1988 Iroc Camaro and I am going to swap in an LS1 and was wondering what is the best head, cam, and intake package out there. I want to make as close to 500 hp as possible.
Old 08-09-2010, 12:01 PM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

To make a long answer short.

For a stock cube LS1, its a WISE idea to fly cut the pistons, to accomondate almost ANY big cam that runs on the ragged edge of size for the Piston to Valve Clearence (PTV)

You will hear about 100 diff combos. But you need to determine your budget.

I say go to the dyno section and start searching. Also search here.

May I suggest looking @ Rapid Motorsports a sponsor here and their N/A H/C combos have put out some serious numbers. Sometimes seeing 500-550 rwhp based on a T-56/10bolt combo.
Old 08-09-2010, 12:53 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Trick Flow makes a great head for the LS platform. RHS will be coming out with a new head soon as well. If you are on a budget, use a cnc ported 243 head from someone like Livernoise. I have used several sets of those heads with great results.
As far as intake, IMO the FAST intake is the only way to go. I would try to find a used 92mm version.
As far as cam, you will get a million different opinions but there are several proven camshafts out there that make great power and perform very well.

Just do some reading and come up with what you think is best.