Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone running this setup?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 05:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Anyone running this setup?

AFR heads milled to 62cc with the F14 cam. I want to know who has this setup and what kind of power your making. I also want to know if you had any clearance issues and what gaskets you are running.
Old 10-17-2010, 05:46 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think you should be just fine. I would call Allan/Charlie at FMS and ask them to be on the safe side. I'm sure they can work the numbers up for you. As for the gasket, I think Fel-Pro .041 gaskets. I'm not sure ,but check around on that too. I hope this helps out a little bit.

Last edited by Mac 2002 SS; 10-17-2010 at 05:59 AM.
Old 10-18-2010, 10:13 AM
TECH Senior Member

That's good advice, thanks. Anyone else. There's got to be someone out there running this setup.
Old 10-20-2010, 12:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

I checked with Allan and he said I would be fine running the F14 on a 112 LSA with my AFR 205 62cc heads and would still be able to run cosmetic .040 gaskets and not have P/V clearance issues. That's great news for me. Now just need to get the cam and gaskets and get to work.

Originally Posted by Mac 2002 SS
I think you should be just fine. I would call Allan/Charlie at FMS and ask them to be on the safe side. I'm sure they can work the numbers up for you. As for the gasket, I think Fel-Pro .041 gaskets. I'm not sure ,but check around on that too. I hope this helps out a little bit.
Old 10-20-2010, 12:56 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Rise of the Phoenix
I checked with Allan and he said I would be fine running the F14 on a 112 LSA with my AFR 205 62cc heads and would still be able to run cosmetic .040 gaskets and not have P/V clearance issues. That's great news for me. Now just need to get the cam and gaskets and get to work.

Hey ,that is good news . I think you will be very suprised how much power you will have with that cam and the street manners it will have after a good tune . I'm still tripping on how great my car drives with the F13 I got from Futral .
Old 10-20-2010, 01:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Yeah, I've heard great things about the Futral cams. So you really like your F13? Are you cam only or do you have heads as well? Also, did you install your cam yourself? I'm kind of nervous about doing all this myself, as I've never done anything like this before. I think if I take my time and follow the directions on LS1 How To, I should be ok.

Hey ,that is good news . I think you will be very suprised how much power you will have with that cam and the street manners it will have after a good tune . I'm still tripping on how great my car drives with the F13 I got from Futral .
Old 10-20-2010, 07:13 PM
TECH Resident

I'm suprise you heard anything about Futral cams cause everybody has gone crazy over TSP and EPS cam nowadays on this board. It seems like good ol' Futral is the forgotten step-child of the group.

I love my F13 cam. I have a set of Livernois Motorsports LS6 Heads as well. It seems my h/c combo are getting along just fine. Like I said before ,the street manners are second to none for me. It's just a good as my old combo ( TSP 224 cam/3200 Vig ) was on the street if not better. As for the track, my h/c/s really shine on a warm day with the temps in the 80's ( DA 1583 or more ). So , in cooler weather I think 11.3's or better are very possible.

So yes, I really like my set-up. As for the install , I had B&L Racing in Hampton hook me up. As for the tune, the man himself....Frost . It is good to know a good group of guys that can help you out .

Last edited by Mac 2002 SS; 10-21-2010 at 04:35 AM.
Old 10-21-2010, 09:39 AM
TECH Senior Member

Your setup sounds killer. I'm hoping to be around 440 to 450rwhp with this setup. It took me a long time to figure out what cam to go with. I was battling between the Torquer V3 and the F14; even considered the F13, but didn't want to end up wanting more after the install, so I figure the F14 will be good. Now I just need to figure out if I want the high lift F14 or the regular F14. So when Frost did your tune, how does that work and how much does he charge?

I'm suprise you heard anything about Futral cams cause everybody has gone crazy over TSP and EPS cam nowadays on this board. It seems like good ol' Futral is the forgotten step-child of the group.

I love my F13 cam. I have a set of Livernois Motorsports LS6 Heads as well. It seems my h/c combo are getting along just fine. Like I said before ,the street manners are second to none for me. It's just a good as my old combo ( TSP 224 cam/3200 Vig ) was on the street if not better. As for the track, my h/c/s really shine on a warm day with the temps in the 80's ( DA 1583 or more ). So , in cooler weather I think 11.3's or better are very possible.

So yes, I really like my set-up. As for the install , I had B&L Racing in Hampton hook me up. As for the tune, the man himself....Frost . It is good to know a good group of guys that can help you out .
Old 10-21-2010, 04:13 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Rise of the Phoenix
Your setup sounds killer. I'm hoping to be around 440 to 450rwhp with this setup. It took me a long time to figure out what cam to go with. I was battling between the Torquer V3 and the F14; even considered the F13, but didn't want to end up wanting more after the install, so I figure the F14 will be good. Now I just need to figure out if I want the high lift F14 or the regular F14. So when Frost did your tune, how does that work and how much does he charge?
Thanks ,man. I would think the regular F14 would be enough. I just have the regular F13 and couldn't be more happier .

As for Frost , he's well worth the price,man. Just give him a call or shot him a pm on here. I'm sure he will set you up just right.