Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

is this cam toast?And what about my engine?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 11:21 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MAXXLIMIT
And John its also a bullshit thread you put up on norcal-lsx about your "VENTING". I like how you said there was a FUEL LEAK, but could never find it, said the ring seal was good. and then just put it on the seal wasn't tight, LOL.

If you look on ls1tech you can see tino has nothing but 100% positive rating and has over 45 transactions made and all were good. You talk about shady, and you are the one going to wyotech and can't figure this **** out, COM'ON MAN!!!! You for real?????

I just hate when people make a "VENTING" thread but say oh its no biggie and not trying to bash the OP buttttttttt........and some lame *** story comes out. Sorry I was just "VENTING" LOL!!!

**** a guy from Missippippi bought tinos old trans am and they made the drive to cali and when took it back loved it and it also ran good just like it ran good when it left here.

Oh and that noise you hear in your clutch is that "CLUTCH CHATTER" that some HI-perf clutchs have. My vette had a stage 3 6-puc and had "Clutch Chatter" not all clutches are the same and all will act a little different. Just like rear diffs when you put in new gears and hope after the install you don't get the "rear diff howl"

and I still think its funny how after the hole thing tino drove over a hour easy to meet you the 1st time to drive it and check it out and you feel head over heels for it and wanted it bad and said it was a bad *** car. and I remember emailing you and you talked about what you were going to do to it after you got it.
Help or
Old 10-27-2010, 01:30 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 408Maro
Why are you posting in my thread for again? Nobody even brought you guys up I'm trying to get help to fix this car and you come in with worthless postings. That's right I did get rid of the tires,exhaust and was going smaller. Obviously when you plan on making a daily driver in California you won't be needing those. And Yup the ring wasn't locked in and those other issues were happening and no I wasn't bashing your brother. Don't like my postings don't read them. But that's for the bump on this post and yes he did meet with me halfways. Because as much as I wanted a car he wanted a sale and it looked clean and drove decent to me. Like I said I messed up and do regret it. But what's done is done.

Ttt for some real help again please
Its just the overall fact that you are trying to bash tino on norcal-lsx about a chipped cam. http://www.norcal-lsx.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74371

I would like to know how in the hell he was suppose to know that the cam was chipped??????? You knew of the power it was laying down on a stock longblock. You knew the car ran nitrous before.
When you got it it had good oil pressure right?
There was no abnormal valvetrain noise right?
When you test drove the car around did you notice the gas smell since you said you smelt it everyday?

What i'm getting at is that your "VENTING" on another forum is total bullshit. Because you ran in some badluck you are trying to put it off on someone else.

You want a opinion on this cam.....Replace it with the 228 that you wanted to put in since day one and re-tune it, and go on with your day! But thanks for ruin a sellers credabillaty when all he did was work with you, wasted two days going to san jose with the car because you "couldn't" come to pick it up.

Last edited by MAXXLIMIT; 10-27-2010 at 01:58 PM.
Old 10-27-2010, 09:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks guys I will be pulling the heads and swapping lifters and will let you know how that goes....as for.maxx your right man it didn't have a oil pressure issue and I did drive it and didn't really notice the fuel but did run rich due to the SD tune being off in a diff location so kinda hard to tell..never bashed him on norcal and don't see why you trying to start something from a different forum over here for..Yup he did come over here as that was something we worked out which is something you weren't invooved in. So I'm done explaining anything to you and this thread is pretty much done
Old 10-27-2010, 09:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Maxx no one cares really
Old 11-02-2010, 04:52 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 408Maro
Why are you posting in my thread for again? Nobody even brought you guys up I'm trying to get help to fix this car and you come in with worthless postings. That's right I did get rid of the tires,exhaust and was going smaller. Obviously when you plan on making a daily driver in California you won't be needing those. And Yup the ring wasn't locked in and those other issues were happening and no I wasn't bashing your brother. Don't like my postings don't read them. But that's for the bump on this post and yes he did meet with me halfways. Because as much as I wanted a car he wanted a sale and it looked clean and drove decent to me. Like I said I messed up and do regret it. But what's done is done.

Ttt for some real help again please
I told your *** not to buy the car, What's done is done. Maxx stfu you pos bitch. You fools couldn't make a car go fast if you life depended on it. You a wack job who snitches. Go to hell and stay their please. First the tank was ****, now the cam tossed. WHO REALLY INSTALLED IT..

All I know it's pretty bad when someone buys something and someone bullshit and doesn't wanna make it right . I can careless to your reponse your PUNK. John408 couldn't have done nothing to create this he hasn't been able to enjoy the car, its had nothing but problems since HE BOUGHT ask how i know. All I wanna say john408 has a good as reputation on building lsx's in northern california, ask anyone who dealt with him. STAND UP DUDE...For you to get in here and throw your two cents in BULLSHIT and another MAXX LIMIT BITCH MOVE....LIKE I BEEN SAID GET IN THE OTHER LANE BITCH COME SEE MY CREW THROW MONEY DOWN OR STFU... BTW I HAVE A GRUDGE CAR STEP YOUR **** UP OR STFU...
Old 11-02-2010, 04:55 PM
Teching In

Btw from the looks of it I bet you he was spraying nitrous with low fluids(oil) to be exact..Common Didn't tino have his nitroust plumbed straight into the fuel rail when he arrived at synergy Im just saying..A LOT of people know their **** MAXX stop fronting....I sick of your pull **** and I think it cool if tino did get him gaskets and lifters just to make it right. That's all john asked for. Anyhow Im not responding with your high school attitude maxx.
Old 11-02-2010, 10:21 PM
11 Second Club

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Cam is toast. How did it get that way, no clue. Pretty funny how I never had a single problem with the car until it has been in your hands. You make it seem like ALL this stuff just started to happen
Your buying a hot rod, what do you expect cars to do when you push them to their limit. Its always gonna be the weakest link. Unfortunate the lifters took out the cam probably.
And please Saul im not stupid, I drove it weekends and always check my fluid levels before cruisin' the car. The only little problem the car had with the nos was the schraeder valve was left in the fuel rail not giving it enough fuel. Unscrewed it out and problem solved. And I don't care to ask you how YOU KNOW because I KNOW how YOU KNOW, YOU KNOW? lol
I was going to be generous and give the parts to Johnny boy here but for some of the he says, why should I. And trust me, I would take that car back in a heartbeat and still be smahing it down the street

carry on.....
Old 11-03-2010, 10:01 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by tnmotown
Cam is toast. How did it get that way, no clue. Pretty funny how I never had a single problem with the car until it has been in your hands. You make it seem like ALL this stuff just started to happen
Your buying a hot rod, what do you expect cars to do when you push them to their limit. Its always gonna be the weakest link. Unfortunate the lifters took out the cam probably.
And please Saul im not stupid, I drove it weekends and always check my fluid levels before cruisin' the car. The only little problem the car had with the nos was the schraeder valve was left in the fuel rail not giving it enough fuel. Unscrewed it out and problem solved. And I don't care to ask you how YOU KNOW because I KNOW how YOU KNOW, YOU KNOW? lol
I was going to be generous and give the parts to Johnny boy here but for some of the he says, why should I. And trust me, I would take that car back in a heartbeat and still be smahing it down the street

carry on.....
It doesn't have nothing to do with being stupied. Its called not knowing. Im not trying to bash you either, Your not your brother. But what bs he never thru you under the bus, But common I know john for years and his work. John doesn't even race his scared lol.. But common he fills the tank up and it leaks, then the cam is toast? Then he kindly asks you who install it etc etc and you told him someone else? Plus Nitrous on load is horrible on cams and internals that aren't built for it. it thins oil out like nothing when spraying..Honestly I have no business on speaking on the situation other then i know he hasn't drove the car for **** since it's been down with problems. AND he know his ls1's better then shops.I just didn't appreciate your brother in here running his lips.

John a cool dude and so are you! So he said straight up he didn't wanna throw you under the bus, you came up like a man and said you sold it to him. So there no bullshit here. Between two stand up guys I can't see why you guys couldn't come to a agreement just to make peace or right.
Old 11-03-2010, 10:50 PM
Staging Lane

Old 11-04-2010, 05:29 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by NORCALMUSCLE1
I told your *** not to buy the car, What's done is done. Maxx stfu you pos bitch. You fools couldn't make a car go fast if you life depended on it. You a wack job who snitches. Go to hell and stay their please. First the tank was ****, now the cam tossed. WHO REALLY INSTALLED IT..

All I know it's pretty bad when someone buys something and someone bullshit and doesn't wanna make it right . I can careless to your reponse your PUNK. John408 couldn't have done nothing to create this he hasn't been able to enjoy the car, its had nothing but problems since HE BOUGHT ask how i know. All I wanna say john408 has a good as reputation on building lsx's in northern california, ask anyone who dealt with him. STAND UP DUDE...For you to get in here and throw your two cents in BULLSHIT and another MAXX LIMIT BITCH MOVE....LIKE I BEEN SAID GET IN THE OTHER LANE BITCH COME SEE MY CREW THROW MONEY DOWN OR STFU... BTW I HAVE A GRUDGE CAR STEP YOUR **** UP OR STFU...
Originally Posted by NORCALMUSCLE1
Btw from the looks of it I bet you he was spraying nitrous with low fluids(oil) to be exact..Common Didn't tino have his nitroust plumbed straight into the fuel rail when he arrived at synergy Im just saying..A LOT of people know their **** MAXX stop fronting....I sick of your pull **** and I think it cool if tino did get him gaskets and lifters just to make it right. That's all john asked for. Anyhow Im not responding with your high school attitude maxx.

DUDE, you have to be the dumbest buttfuck in your crew............YOU READY FOR THIS???? I just want to show why what ever comes out of your mouth is funny *** bullshit....YOU READY????? LOOK AT WHAT I MADE BOLD IN YOUR POSTINGS...........READ IT CAREFUL.........YOU READY????????

THEN WHY THE **** DOES HE HAVE A THREAD CALLED
"IS MY CAM TOASTED?, AND WHAT ABOUT MY MOTOR"

OHHHHHHHH MY GOD, but yet he is one of the best LSx techs in Norcal and knows more then dealerships and local shops. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! You ******* made yourself look like the total *** you are and second made John look like a dumbass by what the **** you said. YOU ******* TARD!!!!!! I'm no GM tech or saying I'm the best in norcal, But I WOULD NEVER SAY I'M ONE OF THE BEST OR MY FRIEND IS ONE OF THE BEST AT SOMETHING but yet needs advice from a forum where novice people also come on here and ask the same questions and also give some advise and reall y don't know because they are going off what they heard.

And what you mean you tried to tell John not to buy it, **** before he bought it, you told me about how you were going to change the cam, do suspension stuff to it, AGAIN A ******* TARD!!!!!

Carry On......................OHHHHHHHHHHHHh for your SOOOOO CALLED Crew which is not your crew its the crew you suck nuts off of called TEAM WE, yeah them!!! They have a grudge car not you playa......CARRY ON!!!
Old 11-04-2010, 05:41 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by sonofmooner

And John< yeah cam is toast, if oil pressure is was still good like how sold to you and you said was good before pulling the cam. If you want to stay on a budget and I would say it would be ok to install another camshaft, and install new lifters, and I hope you also replace all your torque to yeild bolts that you take off.

I flatened my stock LS6 cam had good oil pressure before removing and installed my MTI X1 cam and ran good for 2 years.

and let me know when you get done with that car maybe we can have some fun and see what the difference is from how you "bought it" to with your new setup that you and saul had planned to put in "before" the purchase.
Old 11-04-2010, 05:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cam is a paperweight. Lifter on that lobe is as well. Trust me it sucks when a lifter locks up, cuts the cam in half, and grenades the motor.
Old 11-04-2010, 05:49 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by tnmotown

carry on.....

Even if I bought the car from you Tino, I would at least have the common sense to step back and say:

Hey, this guy built this car to go fast, had alot of power, made **** load of torque on the bottle, was ran with a bottle, had drag radials installed, stock bottom end. Who knows how much longer the block will last, but hey it is running solid right now and when i drove it around a few times it drove good.
NOW DO I WANT TO BUY A DAILY DRIVEN RACE CAR?????
I HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO SAY NO, AND WALK AWAY.
OR I HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO SAY YES, BUT BEAWARE THIS IS NO 1 OWNER GRANDPA DRIVEN CAR WITH ONLY 20,000 MILES.

WOULD A SPEED SHOP GIVE YOU A WARRANTY ON A USED PERFORMANCE BEAST OF A CAR..................HELL NO!!!!

Hell some dealerships don't even warranty some of there high end speed performance vehicles.
Old 11-04-2010, 05:52 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by SuperSport01
Cam is a paperweight. Lifter on that lobe is as well. Trust me it sucks when a lifter locks up, cuts the cam in half, and grenades the motor.
That happen to me on my 85 camaro I had with a 383 with AFR heads, Nasty *** motor with about $7k into and only like maybe 300-400 miles later got on it and bammm the cam split and ruined the WHOLE MOTOR, I felt like crap for a month, LOL!