Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help me find a cheap stroker kit.

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2004, 01:30 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Scoobie
True, I only plan on a small N20 Shot ontop of my big bore. Im not trying to win trophies at the track, i just want a monster to drive to work each day.
second that

your in Gulfport? Thats where a lot of my family is/was.
Old 02-06-2004, 01:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah, just moved here ( Navy ) be here for a few years. Im a Texas Native. The scene is pretty small here compared to back home. I couldnt back my car out of the garage without getting a rev back home.
Old 02-06-2004, 07:29 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Funny all these reply's and stupidfast the peoson asking the question hasn't said anything back. Hopefully he reads this as I fell there are some very good idea's here.
Like I said before it all comes down to budget and what you are trying to do with the car.
I bet a bunch of people would rather just save their money on the shortblock and get the best H/C combo. Sometimes if you have a budget and get the best of one thing instead of the avarage of 2 things you are better off.
Look at those in Caraudio. There are people that have used a great amp and a great set of highs and made other with the same budget look folish because they bought 2 decent amp's and 2 decent set of highs. End result sometimes 1 is better then 2.
Good luck dude.
Old 02-07-2004, 11:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Scoobie
Brian at AP-engineering is extremely helpful, i would highly recommend him for any build you you may be planning. Not to mention the prices he quoted me for my 387 All Bore build up are very cheap when combined as a complete shortblock, versus buying one part at a time. Give Brian a call, he wont let you down.
Scoobs
They have great customer service and the smarts to back it up. The second i know all my plans ap gets my business.
Old 02-07-2004, 03:43 PM
Under criminal investigation for fraud

Thanks guy's for the kind words, we're here to help. If you have any questions just keep firing them away!

Thanks,
Old 02-07-2004, 05:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have been reading this thread and thinking alot. I have been talking to Nick@AP about my needs. He has been nothing but freindly and helpful.
I am trying to think of how to make my truck fast, I am almost starting to think that trucks aren't made to be fast. I am trying to find out how much of a difference in power I will pick up with a stroker over my current setup.
Thanks for all of the help.
Old 02-07-2004, 10:06 PM
? ? ? ? ? ?

Originally Posted by StupidFast
I am trying to think of how to make my truck fast, I am almost starting to think that trucks aren't made to be fast.
EXACTLY!!! But thats also the best part in making a truck fast. If a C5 runs 11s at the track, not that big of a deal is it? If your truck runs 11s and beats a C5....

My opinion - An Eagle stroker will be a very good option. The added stroker torque will be a blessing to a truck. The large powerband is great, and you wouldn't have to revv it to the moon to get peak power out of it. If anything, use an eagle crank, but with better rods and custom pistons.
Old 02-07-2004, 11:42 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Your truck will be BIG PIMPIN
Old 02-08-2004, 07:40 AM
TECH Apprentice

So how much for this all bore kit. Does it use the stock shortblock? I also thought you couldnt bore these motors out very much.

Quick Reply: Help me find a cheap stroker kit.