Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pros vs Cons of TSP torquer V2 and 228R

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2010, 09:31 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

when i had my cam install done my shop asked me what i wanted out of my car! this is the cam package they call tsp and ordered. the shop said i cannot go any bigger on my stock heads or i will have to flycut the pistons. this cam i have in my car sounds a little choppier than the one in the red camaro! you guy's on here go mostly with what most others go with. not me. I wanted something different and i got it! I will go and take a video of what my car sounds like and try to post it on here. My car is like the other guy said, i can go to walmart and have guy's drive around the parking lot just to see where my car is! And when they find it they say that they have never heard a car like mine sound that mean and good at the same time.
I dropped off my wife the other day at walmart and she told me that while she was checking out she could hear my car idleing around inside the store. she said that when i got close to the doors and windows they would rattle and vibrate. i have set peoples alarms off as far away as 50' or better in the parking lot. leave and it quits come back and it goes back off. So just because you have not seen that size of duration in a v2 cam does not mean it does not exist! And i love my cam but i am going to put in a smaller cam so my shop can do a custom turbo build for me! i will more than likely stick the cam in my ole lady's 99 5.3.
Old 12-12-2010, 09:32 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by yellowjacketfever
when i had my cam install done my shop asked me what i wanted out of my car! this is the cam package they call tsp and ordered. the shop said i cannot go any bigger on my stock heads or i will have to flycut the pistons. this cam i have in my car sounds a little choppier than the one in the red camaro! you guy's on here go mostly with what most others go with. not me. I wanted something different and i got it! I will go and take a video of what my car sounds like and try to post it on here. My car is like the other guy said, i can go to walmart and have guy's drive around the parking lot just to see where my car is! And when they find it they say that they have never heard a car like mine sound that mean and good at the same time.
I dropped off my wife the other day at walmart and she told me that while she was checking out she could hear my car idleing around inside the store. she said that when i got close to the doors and windows they would rattle and vibrate. i have set peoples alarms off as far away as 50' or better in the parking lot. leave and it quits come back and it goes back off. So just because you have not seen that size of duration in a v2 cam does not mean it does not exist! And i love my cam but i am going to put in a smaller cam so my shop can do a custom turbo build for me! i will more than likely stick the cam in my ole lady's 99 5.3.

I don't think anyone is doubting your cam specs, but it's a custom grind not a Torquer V2. Here is the link to the V2 cam. It only comes in those specs. I'll bet your cam sounds sick though!

http://www.texas-speed.com/shop/item...d=168&catid=44

Quick Reply: Pros vs Cons of TSP torquer V2 and 228R