Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Patriot Performance Warranty Statement

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2004, 09:37 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sbrown99TA
This whole thing is just a bunch of ****. You want a reliable car, DON'T MODIFY IT. You modify, to take risks, PERIOD. You put an ATI supercharger on your car and blow a hole in a piston. ATI's fault? Nope, you bought it and put it on. You buy Patriot heads and they drop a seat and wreck your motor? Patriots fault. Nope. You bought the heads. You should have ported them your damn self if you wanted "perfect" heads. If they INTENTIONALLY sent out defective heads, by all means, run them over the coals, shut them down. This is obviously not the case since they will warranty the heads, you know they're not warranty'ing them to make MORE money, they do it to satisfy the customer. Buy a set of custom JE pistons and have one come apart and wreck your engine, then call JE and tell them you want a new motor. Yeah right. I had an entire engine DESTROYED by a spark plug that exploded. So, I'm writing NGK a letter asking them for $11,000.

It's called racing boys, you got to pay to play. Some win, some lose. When your next valve spring breaks, bends a valve, and cracks a piston, go ahead and give Comp or Crane a call and tell them you want a new engine. Hold the phone away from your ear though, as the laughter from the other end may hurt your ear drum.
AMEN!!
Old 02-10-2004, 09:38 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by mike m
If you read the last statement from the poor guy he said he is taking the heads to some shops to get other opinions.
That is ALSO a mistake. As soon as the other shop takes apart those heads the warranty is GONE!!

DEAL ONLY WITH THE VENDOR!!

This discussion is ridiculous really...
Old 02-10-2004, 10:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

I'll second that Amen.
Old 02-10-2004, 10:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

well i guess his waranty is void then, hopefully he will post up here with a good write up from where ever they went to.
Old 02-10-2004, 10:08 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

everyone wants hand outs and to put the blame on someone else and it is rediculous

terry is one of the best people to deal with on this board, and has helped my out on more than one occassion when he didnt have to. im sure he will do the same for this person if it is in his power to do so
Old 02-10-2004, 10:25 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Tally TransAm
everyone wants hand outs and to put the blame on someone else and it is rediculous

terry is one of the best people to deal with on this board, and has helped my out on more than one occassion when he didnt have to. im sure he will do the same for this person if it is in his power to do so
I dont think people want hand outs. If you trust a company well enough to spend a couple thousand dollars with them - you ought to be able to have some faith in their product. And when their product fails due to inferior parts/poor workmanship, etc - the company should be held liable.

And while damage is always a possibility when modifying your car - lowballing quality control in order to lower costs is unfair to the consumer especially when parts fail leading to SIGNIFICANT damage. And when you know parts arent up to par or you are R&D'ing them on cars and they fail - the company SHOULD be resposible. Its called being negligent. In some cases it can be criminal. When you knowingly due something to put someone/something at risk - its plain and simple negligence.

As far as I know - no one KNOWS what happened in this situation. But based on previous posts/experiences/discussions with others - something quite fishy is radiating out of Alabama.
Old 02-10-2004, 10:29 AM
TECH Junkie

One of my feelings is, you get what you pay for....taking shortcuts to go fast by getting the cheapest of everything is just setting yourself up for headache.

If people were so concerned about quality, they'd do a thorough job researching their head purchase and see what other people have to say about the various vendors' products.
Old 02-10-2004, 10:42 AM
6 Second Club Moderator

Originally Posted by Cammin BeaSSt
Hell, I would be glad to take that bet. I have already flowed the PP LS6 head against the TEA 5.3 side by side and the TEA kicked the PPs *** by 12 cfm @ .600 lift....

Disclaimer: Not bashing, I have flow data to back my claims and I was just offering something to this guys challenge....
I've owned a set of 5.3 TEA heads, try again! BTW I have nothing against TEA, customer servive is great.
Old 02-10-2004, 11:06 AM
6600 rpm clutch dump of death Administrator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Warranty is in line with what I have seen other places.

With all the bandwagoning and cheap shot made by cheerleaders for certain shops I refuse to accept any of this as more than hearsay until something a bit more substantive than a thread by a mystery poster which dissappears all of the sudden. If this guy wants to talk to someone get on the phone with Terry. If you get no where then post up.

This whole lynch mob mentality has gotten more than a bit grating on the nerves. I love the self depreciating posts "I'm only trying to help you guys out". C'mon guys do you really think everyone is that stupid? You motives here are quite transparent.

Go grind your Patriot axe elsewhere. If there is factual information, or someone who can really step up and show an issue then let him step forward. Otherwise the witch hunt is getting old...
Old 02-10-2004, 11:23 AM
6 Second Club Moderator

Originally Posted by 99 Black Bird T/A
Are you really willing to put up to $4000 on those PP LS6 style heads? Seems like you'd have bought better heads in the first place if you have that kind of money to throw around. At least one sponsor this board has REAL LS6 heads that have gone 340+

Where are you located?

Maybe we can get together and do some flow testing. Flow testing with the LS6 intake in place should be fun. I'd like to see what a set of PP LS6 style heads flow on the bench I have my stuff tested on.

PM if you want to see if we can work something out.
Read above! I live in Lombard, IL. UPS ships here. I want to do the test stated above. I'll pay shipping and for flow testing. If your heads don't beat them by 10 like stated above, you pay to get them back. NOT CUSTOM heads. The same heads anyone would get when they order them. BTW I would not pay over list for a set of heads just because they produce what they should. Remember PP is a "buget head" It should be easy to beat by 10, especially for $2000.00 more. Don't you agree? Just because something is more money doesn't always mean its better. BTW before I ordered the heads some guy from LG MOTORSPORTS named LOU said someone with auto just put down the MOST HP in is shop with a auto trans. With PP heads! Go figure. BTW this is no bs and I'm not hiding behind a screen name. Andy Essary 260 W. St Charles rd. Villa Park, IL 60181. 630-782-6000.
Old 02-10-2004, 11:31 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Hannibal
But based on previous posts/experiences/discussions with others - something quite fishy is radiating out of Alabama.
you may have had a semi-bad experience with your heads, but ill say this much, if i owned a company and someone wanted a full refund for my heads after they had been installed and run, i would have told them where to put that idea, not given the refund like terry did, not to mention a set of stockers. which if im not mistaken is what happened . . .

Originally Posted by J-Rod
Warranty is in line with what I have seen other places.

With all the bandwagoning and cheap shot made by cheerleaders for certain shops I refuse to accept any of this as more than hearsay until something a bit more substantive than a thread by a mystery poster which dissappears all of the sudden. If this guy wants to talk to someone get on the phone with Terry. If you get no where then post up.

This whole lynch mob mentality has gotten more than a bit grating on the nerves. I love the self depreciating posts "I'm only trying to help you guys out". C'mon guys do you really think everyone is that stupid? You motives here are quite transparent.

Go grind your Patriot axe elsewhere. If there is factual information, or someone who can really step up and show an issue then let him step forward. Otherwise the witch hunt is getting old...

totally agree

Last edited by Tally TransAm; 02-10-2004 at 12:01 PM.
Old 02-10-2004, 11:35 AM
TECH Senior Member

I dont think people want hand outs. If you trust a company well enough to spend a couple thousand dollars with them - you ought to be able to have some faith in their product. And when their product fails due to inferior parts/poor workmanship, etc - the company should be held liable.
PP HAS warranty for the products purchased. Most race products have NO warranty PERIOD

And while damage is always a possibility when modifying your car - lowballing quality control in order to lower costs is unfair to the consumer especially when parts fail leading to SIGNIFICANT damage. And when you know parts arent up to par or you are R&D'ing them on cars and they fail - the company SHOULD be resposible. Its called being negligent. In some cases it can be criminal. When you knowingly due something to put someone/something at risk - its plain and simple negligence.
What proof do you have of this lowballing of quality control? Have you ever inspected a set of PP heads firsthand?

As far as I know - no one KNOWS what happened in this situation.
EXACTLY You do not know the situation. The affected party should contact the VENDOR and deal with the warranty on the heads with the VENDOR.

PP has NO obligation to replace that motor whatsoever. Furthermore if someone else took apart those heads their is no obligation on Patriots part for even the heads.

Chris
Old 02-10-2004, 11:46 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris ARE 360
PP HAS warranty for the products purchased. Most race products have NO warranty PERIOD

What proof do you have of this lowballing of quality control? Have you ever inspected a set of PP heads firsthand?

EXACTLY You do not know the situation. The affected party should contact the VENDOR and deal with the warranty on the heads with the VENDOR.

PP has NO obligation to replace that motor whatsoever. Furthermore if someone else took apart those heads their is no obligation on Patriots part for even the heads.

Chris
i know hannibal had a set of pp heads and was dissatisfied...i think he ended up returning them for one reason or a nother and terry gave him a set of stockers in return so im sure hes looked them over first hand not sure other than that
Old 02-10-2004, 12:03 PM
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SouthFL.02.SS
But, the manner in which post after post has manifested itself here by a certain "camp" of members whose bias is, lets say, NOT favorable towards Patriot is inexcusable.

One thing is to discruss and bring to light technical problems. Another is to drag a Sponsor's reputation through the mud by posting someone's 1/2 brother's cousin's mishap with said product.
No kidding. I second that. Everytime the word Patriot comes up, there's always the same guys in the posts bad mouthing a SPONSORS product. It gets very old.

If you're going to come in and make a specific techincal point, then cool, I'd love to hear it. But if you're just going to add in your .02 to tell people you should've bought brand x or brand y, then you need to just clam up. Now here drink one on me....
Old 02-10-2004, 12:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by foff667
i know hannibal had a set of pp heads and was dissatisfied...i think he ended up returning them for one reason or a nother and terry gave him a set of stockers in return so im sure hes looked them over first hand not sure other than that
That was good of Terry to do that...

This one is done.

Terry please feel free to repost your warranty statement.

Chris